Marketing & Fan Engagement Assistant
Texas A&M University - Corpus Christi
Proposed Minimum Salary
Corpus Christi, Texas
At the direction of the Assistant Athletic Director for Marketing
and Development, this position will be assisting the marketing and
game day production of Islander Athletics events while providing
unique and memorable experiences for fans in attendance. Oversees
the day-to-day marketing efforts for assigned sports, increasing
awareness, attendance, and revenue for each athletic program as
directed. Candidate will serve as the primary contact for assigned
sports and secondary contact for men's and women's
- Assist the Assistant Athletic Director in the planning and
achieving marketing initiatives to increase awareness and
attendance, engage students, enhance customer experience, and
solidify the department's brand.
- Create and execute marketing/fan experience plans for Olympic
sports and assist with execution and game day duties associated
with men's and women's basketball.
- Collaborate with the Athletics Creative Team to develop
programming and digital marketing to include video board content,
halftime shows and recognitions, sponsor activations, in-game
promotions, fan contests and other entertainment elements. Write
game day scripts and direct live event for assigned
- Produce graphics for flyers, social media, video board,
- Assist the Assistant AD with the student internship program, as
well as game day assistant assignments. Serve as liaison with
student section leaders.
- Interacts with other University departments to help promote the
Athletic Department including Greek Life and student
- Attend new student orientations, Waves of Welcome and other
back to school campus events to promote Islanders Athletics.
Collaborate with on-campus student organizations and campus leaders
on development and execution of campus marketing initiatives.
Assist with other events as needed.
- Maintain compliance with the rules and regulations of the NCAA,
A&M System, NCAA, Southland Conference and any other governing
body is of paramount importance to the University.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience using Adobe Creative Suite.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multitask and work cooperatively with
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including nights,
weekends, and some holidays.
- One (1) year of marketing or professional
- Experience working in a higher education setting.
- Social media experience.
- Experience using Sound Director software.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a
criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon
the institution's verification of credentials and/or other
information required by the institution's procedures, including the
completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer
committed to diversity.
To apply, visit https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/TAMUCC_External/job/Corpus-Christi-TAMUCC/Marketing---Fan-Engagement-Assistant_R-053074