Administrative Associate IV
Texas A&M University - Corpus Christi
Procurements And Disbursements
Proposed Minimum Salary
Corpus Christi, Texas
This position is responsible for supporting the department to
include fielding telephone calls from the main phone line,
receiving and directing visitors, word processing, internet
research, filing, and faxing.
- Perform administrative and office support activities for
multiple supervisors to include fielding incoming telephone calls
from the main phone line, receiving and directing visitors, word
processing, internet research, filing, and faxing. Maintain the
departments fax machine, copiers, and printers. Ensure that all are
in working order at all times. Disseminate incoming faxes.
- Submit purchasing requests through the Financial Accounting and
Management Information System (FAMIS) and receive purchases
(including ensuring all goods are delivered) for Purchasing and
Central Receiving. Check Citi bank on a monthly basis and reconcile
Purchasing Cards accordingly for staff. Serve as a backup to
Purchasing Card (P-Card) Coordinator and assist cardholders with
procurement problems and/or questions.
- Compile and collect all data from buyers to report to
Legislative Budget Board. Convert documents to PDF if
- Receive and distribute all incoming mail. Maintain and update
the website for department.
- Schedule travel and enter requests into Concur. Check system on
a monthly basis and reconcile Travel Cards accordingly for
- Maintain Laserfiche for records retention process. Perform
additional duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Four (4) years' experience as administrative assistant,
accounts payable or related experience.
- Additional education may be considered as a substitution for
the minimum experience requirements.
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel,
PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication
skills to be able to communicate effectively in a positive,
courteous, professional manner with diverse population of customers
in person, telephone, or e-mail.
- Associate's Business degree or college coursework in Business,
Accounting or related study and/or specialized/technical
- Clerical experience in a University or State purchasing
- Experience with Outlook email system, FAMIS or similar
automated purchasing systems.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a
criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon
the institution's verification of credentials and/or other
information required by the institution's procedures, including the
completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer
committed to diversity.
To apply, visit https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/TAMUCC_External/job/Corpus-Christi-TAMUCC/Administrative-Associate-IV_R-053062-1