Job Summary/Basic Function
The position is responsible for various clerical and administrative
support for the Dean of the College of Arts, Humanities, and Social
Sciences. Responsibilities include schedule meetings, maintain
calendars and travel arrangements, coordinate budgets and
purchasing processes, greet walk-ins, answer multi-line telephone,
respond to requests for information, accept and process paperwork,
maintain databases, develop/distribute reports, generate
Located in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania, Millersville University
of Pennsylvania is one of the 14 public universities of
Pennsylvania’s State System of Higher Education. Our pillars of
distinction include exceptionally strong student-faculty
relationships, numerous programs of distinction, a beautiful campus
and vibrant location, and successful job placement for our
students. Our students’ success, both inside and outside of the
classroom, is our highest priority, and we provide numerous
opportunities to facilitate their academic, personal, and social
growth and development. Almost 70 baccalaureate programs are
available for our 6,250 students to find their path. Several of our
programs are multidisciplinary in nature, combining science,
technology, and art to create a more progressive degree. We have
over 950 graduate students enrolled in 21 master’s and 3 doctoral
programs. Our faculty are highly respected in their fields and
dedicated to the success of students in the classroom, research
labs, and in campus life. Over 66,000 alumni live in all 50 states
and in 72 countries around the world. We seek individuals who
embrace and value our EPPIIC values of exploration, public mission,
professionalism, inclusion, integrity, and compassion.
Annual Salary Range:
$40,900.00 plus comprehensive benefits
starting on the first day of employment, including:
- Health insurance – Low bi-weekly premium. Employees pay
5% of bi-weekly salary for benefit coverage with ability to pay
2.5% when participating in the wellness program.
- Dental insurance – Coverage is free to employee and
dependents after 90 days
- Vision insurance – Coverage is free to employee and
dependents after 90 days.
- Group life insurance – equal to annual salary (up to
$40,000.00) at no cost to the employee.
- Retirement – 2 plans to choose from.
- Tuition waiver – employee, spouse, and dependents are
- Vacation leave – up to 11 days accrued per year for
first 3 years, increases to 19 days per year after 3 years.
- Sick leave – up to 11 days accrued per year, including
up to 5 days per year that can be taken to care for a family
- Holiday leave – Up to 12 days per calendar year.
The State System Employee Benefits Summary can be found at
At Millersville University we are committed to fostering a learning
and working environment that promotes the intersectionality of
diversity to foster a climate of inclusion. Employing our EPPIIC
values and the principles of Inclusive Excellence, we hold that an
inclusive community is a core value that is an essential part of
the foundation for our learning and working environment.
Millersville University is an equal opportunity employer and, in
compliance with federal and state laws and university policy, is
committed to providing equal educational and employment
opportunities for all persons without regard to age, color,
national origin, race, religion, disability, veteran status, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
Individuals from traditionally underrepresented populations are
encouraged to apply.
- Bachelor’s degree and three years of advanced clerical or
para-professional experience or equivalent combination of
experience and training.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- A high degree of integrity and adherence to
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to successfully manage complex schedules using calendar
- Experience in taking clear and concise meeting minute
- Comfort with dynamic, fast-paced work environments; a sense of
urgency and attention to deadlines and details.
- Flexibility, willingness, and ability to pursue and adopt new
ideas, information and technology, and process and summarize
- Evidence of independent judgement, personal responsibility, and
- Demonstrated ability to:
- solve problems.
- communicate effectively with people from varied social,
educational, and economic backgrounds and demonstrate sensitivity
to diversity and multicultural issues.
- maintain a professional demeanor in fast-paced work
- learn academic and office policies.
- change priorities with little/no notice
- use office machines such as telephone, computer, scanner,
- Excellent oral, written, interpersonal communication
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel,
PowerPoint, Teams, and Outlook.
- Evidence of a commitment to diversity, equity, and
- Successful interview (Including Clerical Testing).
- Successful completion of three background checks.
Special Instructions to Applicants
- Experience using student information systems
- Experience with web page maintenance.
- Experience working in higher education.