Community College of Philadelphia
Success starts at Community College of Philadelphia. Innovators
and difference makers work at Community College of Philadelphia.
Diversity thrives at Community College of Philadelphia. We are a
college that is committed to promoting a work environment that
attracts and retains talented and diverse faculty and staff. We
challenge each other and ourselves to achieve at the highest level
while contributing to the mission of the College and the betterment
of Philadelphia. We value and support an intellectually dynamic
community to prepare our students for global citizenship. Join us
and become a part of a community that has long been and will
continue to be generators of generational chance in this city and
Community College of Philadelphia is seeking to fill a
Coordinator, Security Operations position. Under the
direction of the Manager, Public Safety, the Coordinator, Security
Operations supervises security staff and coordinates all security
planning pertaining to personal safety of students, staff and the
public. The Coordinator assists in the development of a secure
environment in conjunction with the College's goal of a safe and
welcoming working environment.
For a complete position description, and apply online, please
visit our career site at jobs.ccp.edu, or click the "Apply"
"Success Starts Here" is our message to the Philadelphia
community - and at Community College of Philadelphia, we recognize
that our success as a college and the success of our students
starts with our employees. Our employees are vital to our success.
Our total compensation package includes a comprehensive offer of
benefits that are unrivaled by most.
Our benefits include:
- 100% College-paid medical, dental and prescription drug for
employees and all of their eligible family members
- College-paid life and disability insurance
- College closes for Winter Break the week between Christmas and
New Years and for a week in March for Spring Break
- College operates on a 4-day work week during the summer months
(off on Fridays)
- Most employees work from home one day each week
- Tuition remission (for classes at the College)
- Forgivable tuition loan (for classes at any accredited academic
- 403(b) retirement plan with 10% College contribution
- Health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Paid vacation plus holiday and personal time off
Community College of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity
employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any
other characteristic protected by law.
• High School diploma or equivalent (i.e. GED) with five (5) years
of relevant work experience is required.
• Previous experience in a supervisory capacity required.
• Knowledge of principles and practices related to facilities and
personal security/safety techniques and design required.
• Ability to work evening and/or weekend hours, as needed, is
• Valid Driver's License and the ability to travel to various
College locations required.
• Strong computer skills including basic proficiency utilizing MS
Word and MS Excel required.
• Ability to interpret and explain policies, practices, laws, codes
and procedures required.
• Ability to implement strategies and programs required.
• Ability to prepare technical investigative reports and
• Excellent interpersonal skills, verbal and written communication
• Ability to maintain sensitivity, respect and understanding for a
diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty, and
staff of varying social, economic, cultural, ideological and ethnic
• Associate's degree in Criminal Justice, or related field, with
two (2) years of relevant work experience preferred. Any and all
degrees must be from a recognized institutional accreditor.
• Experience in a college or university setting preferred.
• Knowledge of local, state and federal codes related to risk
management, security and emergency issues preferred.