Pharmacy Experiential Programs: Regional Coordinator
College of Pharmacy
May 1, 2022
Open until filled
of Pharmacy at The University of Texas at Austin
distinguished applicants to fill open Experiential Education
Regional Coordinator positions.
Pharmacy Experiential Programs
Experiential Education is a required component of the professional doctorate of pharmacy (Pharm.D.)
and provides students with experiences in the field
under the guidance of preceptor faculty. The experiences increase
in duration and complexity as the student pharmacist gains
knowledge and skills, starting with introductory pharmacy practice
experiences (IPPE) in the following Pharmacy Practice areas:
health-system institution; community; and ambulatory pharmacy
settings. The experiences culminate with the advanced pharmacy
practice experiences (APPE) occurring in the fourth and final year
of the curriculum, commonly referred to as “rotations”. More
information is on the College
of Pharmacy's Experiential Programs
is available online.
The Regional Coordinators report to the Assistant Dean for
Experiential Education, Dr. Nathan Pope, to develop and manage the
regional internship components of the Pharm.D.
. The Regional Coordinators are
assigned at the university in the College of Pharmacy as
Adjunct Assistant Professor of Pharmacy Practice
part-time, non-benefits eligible positions expected to continue
(not fixed term). Average weekly time commitment generally requires
less than 5 hours per week.
Internship regions are:
- Austin / Temple / Waco
- Dallas / Fort Worth
- Galveston / Houston
- Rio Grande Valley
- San Antonio
Positions Currently Open
- Create and maintain advanced pharmacy practice experience (APPE)
schedules for P4 students in respective region and pharmacy
practice area (community, ambulatory, health-system).
- Attend regional end of rotation student meetings.
- Recruit and maintain pharmacist preceptors and practice sites
for required introductory pharmacy practice experiences
(IPPE) and APPE and elective APPE in respective region and
pharmacy practice area (community, ambulatory, health-system).
- Monitor student electronic portfolios and evaluations.
- Participate in development and implementation of regional and
state preceptor training and education programs.
- Participate in College of Pharmacy Office of Experiential
Education team meetings.
- Participate in other duties as assigned.
This posting remains open on a rolling basis to fill any open
Regional Coordinator position needs. At this time, the College of
Pharmacy is seeking candidates to fill the following:
- Community and Ambulatory Pharmacy in
- Health-System Pharmacy in Houston,
Candidates must have:
- earned Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D.) degree from an ACPE
accredited school of pharmacy;
- be licensed to practice pharmacy in the State of Texas;
- at least 3 years of pharmacy practice experience; and
- effective communication skills.
Completion of a PGY-1 pharmacy practice residency is
Interested persons who apply must provide:
- a cover letter of interest,
- a detailed curriculum vitae,
- a diversity statement summarizing past contributions to and
future plans for promoting diversity, and
- a list of three (3) professional references.
Review of applications is ongoing and will continue until positions
are filled. Please complete your application and upload your
documents via this Interfolio application.
Questions can be addressed to Dr. Nathan Pope at
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
The University of Texas at Austin, as an equal
opportunity/affirmative action employer, complies with all
applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and
affirmative action. The University is committed to a policy of
equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the
basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability,
religion, or veteran status in employment, educational programs and
activities, and admissions.
To apply, visit https://faculty.utexas.edu/career/92103