Reporting to the Director of Counseling, Staff Counselors provide
short-term counseling, crisis intervention, and mental health
outreach services to enhance the psychological and emotional
welfare of students and the College community. This is a twelve
month, position on the Middlebury, VT campus. Counseling provides
services, support, and consultation as an anchor office for all of
Middlebury's year-round, world-wide programs. Counseling is one of
five offices that comprise the Center for Health and
• Provides cross-cultural and multicultural individual
psychological counseling and crisis intervention for
• Maintains encounter notes and other documentation according to
best practices and policies.
• Participates in psychoeducational and community building efforts
that address students' needs
• Consults with faculty and staff regarding student concerns as
assigned and requested
• Works collaboratively with other staff in the Center for Health
and Wellness, including but not limited to nurses, nurse
practitioners, case managers, health educators, and athletic
trainers to provide holistic, coordinated care Effectively executes
, group counseling and outreach services.
• Facilitates training for staff and faculty as assigned
• Serves in counselor on-call rotation (week-long shifts) during
the year to consult with administrators and residence directors for
after-hours emergencies and situations unable to be managed by a
third party telehealth provider.
• Reviews and recommends appropriate assessment instruments and
other clinical interventions and mental health programs for
• Maintains highest ethical standards according to Vermont statutes
and standards in the mental health professions.
• Maintains appropriate state licensing and/or certifications to
practice in Vermont.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
• Some evening and weekend hours may be required.
This is considered a full time benefits eligible, exempt position.
The starting salary range for the position is $58,900- $73,600 per
Graduate degree in a clinical field eligible for licensure in the
state of Vermont. Formal training in clinical assessment and
counseling. Demonstrated skills and experience in multi-cultural
2 – 5 years of clinical experience required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Experience in a university counseling center (strongly
• Multilingual counseling skills (preferred).
• Experience with trauma-informed care
• Experience with shorter counseling sessions and brief clinical
• Skills, knowledge, and experience specifically focused on the
needs of students of color, students from indigenous communities,
LGBTQ students, international students, students from diverse
religious affiliations (Muslim, Hindu, Buddhist, and others),
undocumented students, or first-generation college students on a
Expertise in goal-focused therapy models (DBT, ACT, solution
focused therapy, brief dynamic therapy, etc).
Regularly operates a computer and other office productivity
machinery. Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of
the time. Will need to regularly move about inside the office and
will require regular cross-campus travel to access resources and
personnel in other buildings. Will require periods of standing (or
other postures) to deliver educational programming and/or
facilitate groups. May require limited and infrequent in-state and
out-of-state trips for trainings, professional meetings, and
As an employee of Middlebury College, you will enjoy being part of
a vibrant supportive community.
Middlebury Colleges offers its employees excellent compensation and
competitive health, dental, life, disability, generous retirement
matching, and vision benefits, Middlebury offers a generous
time-away program - up to 34 days per year during the first two
years of service, increasing as the term of service lengthens.
Middlebury employees are eligible for robust educational assistance
programs as well as free or reduced rates for cultural events and
use of sporting facilities (including the College's golf course and
Nordic and alpine ski area). The result is a very high
quality-of-life in a gorgeous setting.
Come join us and be a part
of our team!
• Excellent Health Benefits choose between an Low Deductible PPO or
a HDHP with employer HSA contributions up to $2,000 dollars a
• Flexibile Spending Accounts (Dependent Care and Healthcare)
• Core Life and AD&D
• Short Term Disability
• Long Term Disability
• Combined Time Off (CTO): 26 days of paid time off a year for
vacation or sick days in the first 2 years. 31 days of CTO
• Holidays: Floating Holidays throughout the year as well as Paid
Holiday from Christmas through New Year
• MiddCard Privileges: access to athletic facilities, discounts at
the College store, library privileges, and discounts at cultural
and sporting events. In addition, the card allows door access to
certain campus buildings. Spouses or domestic partners of
benefits-eligible employees are eligible to receive a
Spouse/Partner card with the same privileges as the employee card
(except door access).
• Discounts on season passes at Middlebury College Snow Bowl, the
Ralph Myhre Golf Course and the Rikert Ski Touring Center
• Professional Development Funds,
• Continuing Education Benefits for Employees and Tuition Benefits
for their dependents.
• And more...
To apply: https://apply.workable.com/middleburycollege/j/9110FF4B5C/