Consultant for Transformation and Change Management
- Virginia Tech
- Virginia, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Aug 5, 2022
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Business & Management, Business Administration, Management, Other Business & Management, Administrative, Business & Administrative Affairs, Other Business & Administrative Affairs, Chief Technology & Information Officers
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
The Consultant for Transformation and Change Management will play a critical supporting role in advancing Virginia Tech’s mission and bold vision with a number of transformational initiatives already underway. The Consultant will work with leaders to ensure those initiatives, including business processes, systems, technologies, job roles, and organizational structures, are successful.
The Consultant is responsible for managing a wide variety of consulting projects, including but not limited to, those involving strategic planning, organizational and operational assessment, performance and productivity improvement, organizational development, organizational design, change management, and other organizational transformation efforts. The Consultant supports senior consultants within the Transformation and Change Management practice and assumes primary accountability for the delivery of high quality and timely consulting services to the client. The Consultant creates project plans and drafts client materials and deliverables.
They will support the development and implementation of comprehensive change management strategies and execution plans. This person will be responsible for creating and delivering the strategies and plans that focus on the people side of change – including changes to culture, organizational structures, business processes, systems, and technology. They will seek to maximize employee adoption and usage and minimize the resistance to large-scale changes. The goal of their work is to increase return on investment, value creation, and the achievement of intended results and outcomes while supporting the development of a more change-adept culture.
The critical success factors for this position include the following: effectively organized, strong team focus, business acumen, critical thinking and problem solving, communication and influence, collaborative approach, adaptability and flexibility in thinking and management of work and relationships, managing multiple priorities simultaneously, initiative, and independent thought leadership, relationship building, and strong written and oral communication abilities.
Essential Functions :
- Primary responsibility for all phases of Transformation and Change Management projects; including project planning, project management, issue identification, solutions design, implementation planning, creation of project deliverables, and the development of project plans, schedules, agendas, materials, reports, data, collateral, information and resulting presentations;
- Manages project meetings, conducts assessments, requests and reviews relevant data and information, and effectively organizes the collection and analysis of client inputs and information;
- Facilitates and effectively manages project teams;
- Develops and presents findings, solutions, recommendations, action plans, etc., to stakeholders;
- Provides supervision of assigned project team members as needed; and
- Serves as change management consultant.
- Strong project and program management skills and experiences;
- Change management experience;
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills;
- Professional business acumen;
- Effective facilitation of project teams;
- Effective and pragmatic problem-solver with the ability to independently draft, design, and develop solutions;
- Strong analytical skills, critical thinking, deductive reasoning, good intuition, and strong emotional intelligence;
- Understands organizational, cultural and interpersonal dynamics, and devises effective and practical solutions to a broad range of organizational issues and challenges;
- Ability to build strong client relationships and establish long-term engagements and projects;
- Flexibility, adaptability, and ability to manage and accept ambiguity; and
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills and capabilities.
- Advanced degree with a concentration in Business, Organizational Psychology, Systems Engineering, or related field; or a bachelor’s degree with significant related experience.
- Experience in an individual contributor role in relevant consulting or corporate environments demonstrating the leadership, facilitation, project management skills and other capabilities required of a Consultant.
- Demonstrated experience in business or strategy consulting, organizational development and design, or organizational effectiveness. Equivalent experience will be considered.
- Demonstrated strategic and critical thinking and effective problem-solving in ambiguous situations, project organization and management skills.
- Strong facilitation and presentation experiences, and ability to effectively manage group dynamics and conflict.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively navigate client challenges and situations, cultures and needs.
- Excellent written and communication skills with a proven ability to positively influence diverse audiences through use of intellect, excellent analytical skill and ability to develop creative business solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain effective and collaborative relationships with both colleagues and clients.
- Demonstrated ability in project and change management.
- Experience serving as consultant on large scale transformation projects.
- Change management certification (Prosci or similar).
Salary range of $100,000-$125,000 per year
Application reviews and interviews will happen on a rolling basis through December, 2022
The successful candidate will be required to have a criminal conviction check.
About Virginia Tech
Dedicated to its motto, Ut Prosim (That I May Serve), Virginia Tech pushes the boundaries of knowledge by taking a hands-on, transdisciplinary approach to preparing scholars to be leaders and problem-solvers. A comprehensive land-grant institution that enhances the quality of life in Virginia and throughout the world, Virginia Tech is an inclusive community dedicated to knowledge, discovery, and creativity. The university offers more than 280 majors to a diverse enrollment of more than 36,000 undergraduate, graduate, and professional students in eight undergraduate colleges , a school of medicine , a veterinary medicine college, Graduate School , and Honors College . The university has a significant presence across Virginia, including the Innovation Campus in Northern Virginia; the Health Sciences and Technology Campus in Roanoke; sites in Newport News and Richmond; and numerous Extension offices and research centers . A leading global research institution, Virginia Tech conducts more than $500 million in research annually.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or military status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire an accommodation, please contact Dan Taggart at firstname.lastname@example.org during regular business hours at least 3 business days prior to the event.
Advertised: December 1, 2022
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert