Sr. Consultant for Transformation and Change Management
- Virginia Tech
- Virginia, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Aug 5, 2022
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Business & Management, Business Administration, Management, Other Business & Management, Administrative, Business & Administrative Affairs, Other Business & Administrative Affairs, Chief Business Officers & Vice Presidents
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
The Sr. Consultant for Transformation and Change Management will play a key role in advancing Virginia Tech’s mission and bold vision with a number of transformational initiatives already underway. Reporting to the Managing Director and serving as a key member of the Transformation and Change Management team, the Sr. Consultant will lead projects from conception and design through implementation, measurement, and continuous improvement. The incumbent will demonstrate superior change management and client relationship skills to oversee multiple projects and deliverable deadlines, operate effectively at multiple levels of the organization, and build influential rapport across the enterprise. The Sr. Consultant will also demonstrate their broad strategy consulting experience, including strategic planning, organizational assessment and improvement, organizational development, organizational design, change management, and organizational transformation initiatives, to effectively build client relationships, inform and influence senior leaders, and shepherd projects through to successful completion.
The critical success factors for this position include strong client focus, business acumen, critical thinking and problem solving, communication and influence, quality orientation, collaborative approach, adaptability and flexibility in thinking and management of work and relationships, managing multiple priorities simultaneously, taking initiative, and independent thought leadership.
- Advanced degree with a concentration in Business, Organizational Psychology, Systems Engineering, or related field; or a bachelor’s degree with significant related experience.
- Experience in a senior individual contributor role, demonstrating leadership, facilitation, project management, and change management skills, and other capabilities required of a Sr. Consultant.
- Demonstrated experience in business or strategy consulting, organizational development and design, Lean systems, or organizational effectiveness.
- Demonstrated strategic thinking and creative problem-solving in ambiguous situations, project organization, and management skills.
- Strong facilitation and presentation capabilities, and ability to effectively manage group dynamics and conflict.
- Strong analytical, interpretive, and decision-making capabilities.
- Ability to evaluate and diagnose client challenges and situations, cultures, and needs, and devise effective solutions.
- Excellent communication (written/oral) skills with a proven ability to positively influence diverse audiences through use of intellect, excellent analytical skill and ability to develop creative business solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain effective and collaborative relationships with both colleagues and clients.
- Experience serving as change management consultant for large scale transformation initiatives.
- Experience working in a higher education environment.
- Change Management Certification (Prosci or similar).
Salary range of $120,000-$150,000 per year
Application reviews and interviews will happen on a rolling basis through December, 2022.
The successful candidate will be required to have a criminal conviction check.
About Virginia Tech
Dedicated to its motto, Ut Prosim (That I May Serve), Virginia Tech pushes the boundaries of knowledge by taking a hands-on, transdisciplinary approach to preparing scholars to be leaders and problem-solvers. A comprehensive land-grant institution that enhances the quality of life in Virginia and throughout the world, Virginia Tech is an inclusive community dedicated to knowledge, discovery, and creativity. The university offers more than 280 majors to a diverse enrollment of more than 36,000 undergraduate, graduate, and professional students in eight undergraduate colleges , a school of medicine , a veterinary medicine college, Graduate School , and Honors College . The university has a significant presence across Virginia, including the Innovation Campus in Northern Virginia; the Health Sciences and Technology Campus in Roanoke; sites in Newport News and Richmond; and numerous Extension offices and research centers . A leading global research institution, Virginia Tech conducts more than $500 million in research annually.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or military status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire an accommodation, please contact Dan Taggart at email@example.com during regular business hours at least 3 business days prior to the event.
Advertised: December 1, 2022
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert