In the Department of
Molecular and Cellular Biology
, we research and teach how the
collective behavior of molecules and cells forms the basis of life.
We are driven by a passion for discovery and value collaborative
approaches to scientific inquiry, where connections between people
fuel interdisciplinary science and break boundaries across varied
experimental systems. Against a backdrop of cutting-edge biological
research, we work as a team of educators and mentors to inspire and
train the next generation of scientists and global citizens. The
Department has an opening for a Financial Associate I, who will be
responsible for providing financial services support. Auto req
400110 Financial Associate I
USA - MA - Cambridge
Financial Associate I
55 - Hvd Union Cler & Tech Workers
Minimum two years of administrative and accounting experience, or
an equivalent combination of education, training and
Additional Qualifications and Skills
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal and written communications
- Associates degree in Accounting or Business.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Computer proficiency with Excel and a strong knowledge of MS
Office suite and current technologies.
- Procurement and/or accounting experience preferred.
- Experience with Harvard systems and procedures preferred,
including Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, HART, and
- Strong attention to detail, ability to multitask, and work
- Proven ability to work independently and collaboratively as
part of a team.
In order to be considered for this position, a cover letter and
resume must be submitted.
- Ability to handle confidential information with
All formal written offers will be made by FAS HR.
At the core of the MCB department is a commitment to foster an
environment in which all individuals have the opportunity to
thrive. It is our shared responsibility to create an inclusive
culture, where we support and respect each other as colleagues. We
embrace a diverse range of perspectives, expertise, identities,
experiences, talents, and abilities. By continually strengthening
this foundation of investing in the well-being of our people, we
enable our community’s growth and pursuit of the creative and
innovative approaches that underlie scientific excellence.
Molecular and Cellular Biology
35 hours per week
- Responsible for internal and external billing for service
centers such as MCB Graphics and FlyBase.
- Maintain FlyBase billing database and provide monthly
membership renewal list and assist with Accounts Receivable
- Responsible for charge-back allocation journals in a timely
manner and ensuring the accuracy of current allocations
- Review, analyze, and reconcile assigned accounts and process
correction journals as necessary.
- Manage MCB Accounts Payables and troubleshoot procurement
- Prepare Buy-to-Pay (B2P) requisitions such as Payment requests
and lab orders as needed.
- Assist with B2P supplier portal issues as needed.
- Prepare financial summaries and ad hoc reporting for the
- Responsible for B2P training to on-board new hires.
- Serve as MCB Department P-Card coordinator responsible for
providing training to new P-Card holders and reviewers.
- Communicates P-Card policy and procedures including updates to
all P-Card Holders and Reviewers.
- Oversees weekly P-Card sweeps.
- Performs reconciliation of all P-Card backup documentation and
- Organize and maintain financial files on our SharePoint.
- Assist with a variety of tasks during year end fiscal close as
- Other related tasks in support of financial services.
Faculty of Arts and Sciences
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected
veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and
pregnancy-related conditions, or any other characteristic protected
This position may offer hybrid remote/in person work flexibility.
There is an expectation that employees be able to work in person in
The University requires all Harvard community members to be fully
vaccinated against COVID-19 and remain up to date with COVID-19
vaccine boosters, as detailed in Harvard’s Vaccine &
. Individuals may claim exemption from the
vaccine requirement for medical or religious reasons. More
information regarding the University’s COVID vaccination
requirement, exemptions, and verification of vaccination status may
be found at the University’s “COVID-19 Vaccine Information”
Commitment to Equity, Diversity, Inclusion, and
Harvard University views equity, diversity, inclusion, and
belonging as the pathway to achieving inclusive excellence and
fostering a campus culture where everyone can thrive. We strive to
create a community that draws upon the widest possible pool of
talent to unify excellence and diversity while fully embracing
individuals from varied backgrounds, cultures, races, identities,
life experiences, perspectives, beliefs, and values.