Concordia University Chicago (CUC) invites applications for the part-time, non-exempt position of Principal Preparation Internship Administrative Assistant. This position reports directly to the Director, IL Principal Preparation Program and the Chair, Division of Educational Leadership, and is located in River Forest, IL.
The Principal Preparation Internship Administrative Assistant will support the Co-Directors and Department Chair, through efficient management of all documentation and the coordination of events related to the Principal Internship program. They will also serve as Pre-Licensure Officer, using the ISBE mandated ELIS reporting system for the identification and monitoring of all students in licensure programs prior to program completion. The staff member is expected to maintain a service orientation to the student, the University faculty, and the communities served by the College programs. Professional and personal traits expected of the staff member include integrity, competence, creativity, strong technology skills and compassion with a willingness to assist as needed in all College endeavors.
- Program Admittance (Principal Preparation Program on-boarding)
- Provides support for initial student communication, collection of documentation, organization, and scheduling of students (interview & proctored writing response) and faculty interview assignments
- Submits all final documents back to the Office of Graduate Admission & Student Services so students may receive their "standard admittance" into the ILPP program
- Internship Orientation
- Oversees eligible student list, provides communications, acts as point person
- Houses, organizes, and communicates materials (logistical organization)
- Cohort Assignments
- Communicates with intern sites and with interns, tracking overall process
- Pre-licensure requirements
- Identifies, compiles and inputs all student names into the ISBE ELIS data base prior to program completion
- Monitors the ongoing pre-licensure of students in the various licensure programs of the College
- Monitors ISBE rule changes effecting student licensure and program completion
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Candidates must support and be committed to the mission and identity of Concordia University Chicago, a university of the Lutheran Church - Missouri Synod (LCMS).
- Fluent with multiple computer-based technologies and applications, especially Google Drive with an ability to organize and maintain databases
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Fluent in and comfortable working with Microsoft Office Suite applications, especially MS Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Ability to organize, and manage the logistical processes for all above tasks
- Possesses a strong desire to serve graduate students
- All communication with stakeholders is effective, professional, accurate, and timely
- Improves work performance and that of others by being receptive to and appropriately sharing information.
- Supports and helps steward the mission of Concordia University, Christian higher education, the College of Education, and the Division of Educational Leadership.
- Exhibits a service mentality toward all stakeholders
Minimum Experience Required:
2-5 years in administrative roles, higher education or K-12 environments preferred
- High School Degree required
- Associates' or Bachelor's degree preferred
Compensation and Benefits:
Starting range is dependent upon individual qualifications and experience. Concordia retirement plan enrollment is available to part-time employees. Tuition benefits may also be available.
Interested individuals should include a cover letter, resume and references with their online application.
Concordia does not discriminate in the employment of individuals on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, disability, sex or age. As an institution of The Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod, however, and to the extent allowed by law, Concordia University reserves the right to give preference in employment based upon religious affiliation.
Concordia University Chicago does not generally sponsor for employment visas except for positions that oversee, teach or support our international programs.
About Concordia University Chicago:
Concordia University Chicago is a liberal arts-based Christian university founded in the Lutheran tradition. Through its College of Theology, Arts & Humanities, College of Business, College of Education, and College of Health, Science & Technology, Concordia-Chicago offers more than 160 areas of study in small classes taught by professors who are passionate about teaching and student success. All undergraduate and graduate degrees are fully accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
Concordia University Chicago has been recognized as a College of Distinction since 2010, and is consistently ranked among the Best Regional Universities-Midwest by U.S. News & World Report. For more than a decade, combined undergraduate and graduate enrollment has exceeded 5,000 students. Concordia University Chicago is located in River Forest, 10 miles west of downtown Chicago. Learn more about our commitment to higher education, rooted in the Gospel, at CUChicago.edu.
Steadfast in Jesus Christ as revealed in the Holy Scriptures, Concordia University Chicago promotes academic rigor in its liberal arts and professional programs; grounds students in objective truth, integrity, and excellence; and practices faithfulness to the Confessional teachings of the Lutheran Church - Missouri Synod, as it forms students for vocations in church, family, and the world.