Agriculture Research Development Program (ARDP) in the College of Engineering, Science, Technology and Agriculture (CESTA) at Central State University is seeking a Research Assistant (Agriculture Engineer) to serve for four years on Evans Allen project titled as “advanced agriculture technologies for small scale farms”. The candidate should have experience with sensors, microcontrollers, data collection and analysis, and precision agriculture concepts.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Research Assistant (Agriculture Engineer) will:
• Install and maintain sensor, drone, instrumentation, and data logging systems for field experiments.
• Work with team and lab members to conduct experiments and perform data collection in lab and field environments.
• Analyze and manage the data.
• Assistance with preparing research findings for presentations and publications.
• Setup and maintain precision agriculture lab.
• Supervise work study students and/or student research assistants as needed.
• Perform other projects tasks, duties and responsibilities as determined by the project director.
• M.S. in Biological and Agricultural Engineering or similar field is required with focus in sensors and instrumentation.
• Experience working with sensors of agriculture and interpreting agricultural data
• Excellent verbal, presentation, and scientific writing skills.
• Evidence of prior research experience and peer-reviewed publications in agricultural engineering
• Knowledge and experience with programming languages is preferred
• Ability to produce outcomes under strict deadlines.
• Evidence of working in team and taking responsibility of assigned tasks
• Remote pilot license