The Enrollment Division serves as the college’s first contact for prospective students, their families, and others who actively participate in the college search process. This position functions as a senior member and leader in the Enrollment Division and should bring a balance of effective leadership and relationship management, strong data analysis skills and ability to collaborate with various campus offices including Admissions, Finance and Budget, Student Accounts, Institutional Effectiveness and the CARES Team. The director ensures compliance with federal, state and institutional regulations, including the timely submission of required reports and applications. The director supervises a total of 8 staff members.
- Demonstrated knowledge of current best practices and trends in financial aid awarding practices and philosophies. In collaboration with internal and external partners, develop and implement awarding policies and procedures to ensure the strategic use of institutional funds for enrollment and retention while meeting the demonstrated financial needs of students and families. Ability to utilize information and data to inform strategic decision making.
- In collaboration with campus partners, develop materials for students and their families to explain the financial aid process and policies; discuss financial aid eligibility with applicants, students, and families. Present information sessions to prospective students and their families; explain financial aid policies and trends to both internal and external audiences. Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Proven ability to motivate staff and support the professional development of team members via hiring, training, supervising, and evaluating performance. Direct office operations and develop strategies to manage multiple workflows, ensuring that they are compliant within existing policy and procedure. Assign and monitor staff roles and responsibilities. Ability to leverage technology for seamless transactions allowing staff to focus on personal interactions with students and families.
- Monitor federal and state financial aid regulations and implement policies to assure compliance with them; submit timely applications and reports; prepare for and represent the college in annual audits of federal and state financial aid programs.
- Consistently collaborate with various campus partners to address matters related to student success, retention, budget, on-time completion, compliance, and recruitment.
- Manage an institutional grant budget of approximately $70M; Federal Campus-based funds of about $500K; annual federal loan volume of about $11M; various state grant programs of about $470K and an office budget of about $40K.
An in-depth knowledge and understanding of federal financial aid programs and regulation is required, as is an understanding of and familiarity with automated Financial Aid Management systems (preferably Banner). The director should have experience with the CSS PROFILE and Institutional Methodology and be a confident user of Microsoft Office products, specifically Excel. While not essential, a working knowledge of SQL is beneficial for conducting analysis and research.