Athletics Equipment Manager
Academic Affairs, Division of
Staff & Administration
If Part-Time, enter FTE:
Is this a temporary position?
If Temporary, enter End Date:
Summary and Purpose of Position:
The Equipment Manager will
be responsible for organizing, supervising and managing the
equipment operations for all 25 NCAA Division III varsity sports
programs at SUNY Cortland. Nights and weekend obligations will be
essential to this position and occasional travel to select away
games will be expected.
Essential Functions (List the position’s responsibilities,
including only those functions or duties that are essential to
fulfilling the position’s responsibilities.):
Equipment and Apparel Contracting:
- Oversee the purchase, issuance, maintenance, inventory,
collection and storage of practice and game equipment and
- Schedule the repair and maintenance of equipment
- Maintain equipment program in accordance with NCAA conference
specifications and department rules and regulations.
- Responsible for the security and storage of all athletic
equipment, apparel and footwear.
- Responsible for the evaluation of duties and performance of
equipment room assistant(s).
- Responsible for the supervision, security and staffing of the
- Plan, manage and forecast accurate equipment budgets for each
varsity program with input from the respective head coaches.
- Foster and develop relationships with suppliers.
- Act as liaison between athletic programs and proposed
- Develop and institute an effective inventory management system
for the equipment office. Included in this responsibility is the
continued development/improvement of a computerized inventory
- Manage the receiving and inventory reporting of all equipment
and apparel received by the equipment office.
- Responsible for the quality control evaluation of all equipment
and apparel received.
- Conduct annual physical inventory counts for all athletics
program equipment, apparel and footwear.
- Responsible for the preparation of events with respect to
athletic equipment and apparel.
- Ensures that the needs of visiting teams are met
- Responsible for the arranging for the transport of equipment to
and from all away contests
- Hire and manage student workers to aid in the operation of the
equipment room function as needed.
- Train and evaluate student works in the equipment office.
- Create an environment for student workers which supports
academic progress and success.
- Ensure student managers conduct themselves in a professional
- Responsible for management of a schedule which provides access
to services for student
- athletes and staff during reasonable hours, which may include
nights and weekends. Ensures that quality services are provided by
all facets of the equipment office.
- Manage and execute daily laundry needs of all varsity
- Fit student-athletes for equipment according to NOSCAE and
- Instruct and assist head coaches in health and safety
requirements for the use of athletic equipment.
- Establish policies and procedures for the operation of the
- Assist with purchasing, receiving and documentation for team
- Assist with game day administration as needed.
Functional and Supervisory Relationships
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Two years of relevant experience in athletics or related.
- Knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations as they apply to
athletic apparel and equipment.
- Familiarity with computer-based inventory systems.
- AEMA certified or the ability to become certified within one
year of appointment.
The State University of New York College at Cortland is an
Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity/Americans with
Disabilities Act (AA/ EEO / ADA ) employer. The College actively
seeks applications from women, veterans, individuals with a
disability, members of underrepresented groups or anyone that would
enrich the diversity of the College.
Job Close Date
Posting Detail Information
Review Start Date
Open Until Filled
Quick Link for Direct Access to Posting
Special Instructions to Applicant
Special Instructions to Applicant
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Documents Needed to Apply
- * Do you have a bachelor's degree?
- * Please articulate your knowledge if and commitment to
diversity, equity, and inclusion and provide an example of how this
has lead to a success in the workplace.
(Open Ended Question)
- Curriculum Vitae or Resume
- Cover Letter
- Professional References Contact Info. ONLY (minimum of 3)