As a part of a diverse community of faculty and staff who represent many faith systems and worldviews, Marian University’s Ancilla College seeks Part-Time Head Coaches to promote our Catholic Franciscan mission and identity by overseeing the recruitment and retention of qualified student-athletes while coaching an assigned position. This posting represents multiple vacancies for several different sports. This position reports to the Athletic Director.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Actively engage the Catholic Franciscan mission and identity of Marian University by modeling the Franciscan Sponsorship Values, honoring the legacy of the founding congregation, promoting unity in diversity, and integrating the Catholic Franciscan intellectual traditions in courses, programs, and services.
- Attend all athletic department coaches meetings.
- Recruiting within the NAIA rules and regulations.
- Enforce Marian University and NAIA policies.
- In coordination with the Athletic Director, develop and promote Marian University’s Ancilla College’s athletic programs and our student-athletes.
- Help with day-to-day operations of practice planning, equipment purchasing, equipment maintenance, field maintenance, game scheduling, transportation, budgeting, and fundraising.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Prior Coaching experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of rules and regulations governing recruitment, eligibility, and related functions
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Applications require a current resume, contact information of three current references, and responses to the supplementary mission & identity questions.
Marian University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to diversity. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.