Job Summary/Basic Function
The Associate Vice President for Enrollment Management ( AVPEM )
provides leadership in the development and implementation of a
comprehensive enrollment management plan for the University. They
provide oversight and coordination between the offices of
Admissions, Financial Aid, and the Registrar to ensure delivery of
quality services to all constituents, including prospective,
current, and former students and faculty, staff, and
administrators. The AVPEM is responsible for the development,
assessment, and utilization of historical and trend data for the
enhancement of student enrollment operations. The AVPEM works
collaboratively with Deans and Directors and other University
officials to ensure that enrollment management processes are
accurate, timely, and in compliance with federal and university
policies and regulations, while maintaining the highest level of
service to students and the campus community. The AVPEM serves as a
member of the Deans Council and President’s Leadership Council. The
AVPEM serves as a member of the Deans Council and President’s
Leadership Council. The AVPEM reports to the Provost and Vice
President for Academic Affairs to achieve strategic objectives,
including maximizing net tuition revenue while increasing the
quality and diversity of undergraduate and graduate students and
increasing access for low-income students.
Located in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania, Millersville University
of Pennsylvania is one of the 14 public universities of
Pennsylvania’s State System of Higher Education. Our pillars of
distinction include exceptionally strong student-faculty
relationships, numerous programs of distinction, a beautiful campus
and vibrant location, and successful job placement for our
students. Our students’ success, both inside and outside of the
classroom, is our highest priority, and we provide numerous
opportunities to facilitate their academic, personal, and social
growth and development. Almost 70 baccalaureate programs are
available for our 6,250 students to find their path. Several of our
programs are multidisciplinary in nature, combining science,
technology, and art to create a more progressive degree. We have
over 950 graduate students enrolled in 21 master’s and 3 doctoral
programs. Our faculty are highly respected in their fields and
dedicated to the success of students in the classroom, research
labs, and in campus life. Over 66,000 alumni live in all 50 states
and in 72 countries around the world. We seek individuals who
embrace and value our EPPIIC values of exploration, public mission,
professionalism, inclusion, integrity, and compassion.
$120,773.00 – $151,828.00, plus comprehensive
benefits starting on the first day of employment, including:
- Health insurance – Low bi-weekly premium, with coverage
starting on the first day of employment for employee and all
- Dental insurance – Coverage is free to employee and
dependents with coverage starting on the first day of
- Vision insurance – Coverage is free to employee and
dependents with coverage starting on the first day of
- Group life insurance – Equal to annual salary (up to
$50,000) at no cost to the employee.
- Voluntary Group Life and Accident Insurance – Available
for purchase at low rates for additional employee coverage as well
as coverage for spouse and children.
- Long Term Disability Insurance – Available for purchase
at low rates with either a 90 or 180-day waiting period.
- Retirement – 2 plans to choose from.
- Tuition waiver – For employee, spouse, and
- Personal leave – Up to 6 days per year.
- Vacation leave – Up to 10.4 days accrued per year for
first year, increases to 15.6 days per year after 1 year.
- Sick leave – Up to 15.6 days accrued per year, including
up to 5 days per year that can be taken to care for a family
- Holiday leave – 12 days per calendar year.
For description of benefits available, see The State System
Employee Benefits Summary at
At Millersville University we are committed to fostering a learning
and working environment that promotes the intersectionality of
diversity to foster a climate of inclusion. Employing our EPPIIC
values and the principles of Inclusive Excellence, we hold that an
inclusive community is a core value that is an essential part of
the foundation for our learning and working environment.
Millersville University is an equal opportunity employer and, in
compliance with federal and state laws and university policy, is
committed to providing equal educational and employment
opportunities for all persons without regard to age, color,
national origin, race, religion, disability, veteran status, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
Individuals from traditionally underrepresented populations are
encouraged to apply.
- Master’s degree.
- At least ten years of significant experience in enrollment
management unit (e.g. Admissions, Financial Aid, and/or
Registrar)-at least three at the director or Assistant Vice
- Experience in the development and implementation of
comprehensive college or university enrollment management plans
with evidence of effectiveness in marketing and recruitment.
- Ability to organize administrative units to maximize
achievement of recruiting and enrollment goals.
- Management skills in the selection and supervision of
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Budget management skills.
- Sensitivity to issues related to recruitment and retention of a
diverse student body and ability to develop knowledge of, respect
for, and skills to engage with those of other cultures or
- In-depth understanding of best practices for growing student
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to interact
and work effectively with administrators, academic leadership,
faculty, students alumni, donors, community leaders and members,
and elected and appointed public officials.
- Advanced analytical, evaluative, and objective critical
- Ability to analyze complex problems, interpret operational
needs, and develop integrated, creative solutions.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel,
- Evidence of a commitment to diversity, equity, and
- Successful completion of three background checks.
Special Instructions to Applicants
- Doctoral Degree.
- Direct experience in recruitment of a diversity of students
(e.g. traditional undergraduate, transfer, degree completer, and