Work Site Location:
Head Start - Sandpoint
This part-time position work Aug - June,
approximately 15-16 hours per week
North Idaho College does not have a vaccine requirement.
However, some departments and programs at NIC, including Head Start
and many of our nursing and health professions, are subject to
federal or local hospital vaccine requirements.
In conjunction with the North Idaho
College Head Start mission, Five-Year Goals and in compliance with
all local, state and federal regulations the Facility Technician,
under general supervision, maintains a clean and sanitary working
environment for staff and families and children.
This list includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Maintains a positive, helpful, constructive attitude and work
relationship with supervisor, staff, families and the
- Responsible for all janitorial tasks per the center janitorial
- Work with Center Assistant/ Supervisor to implement facility
repairs, strategic plan tasks and maintenance tasks.
- Operate equipment related to maintenance functions such as snow
blower, lawn mower, variety of hand tools including but not limited
to hammer, wrenches, skill saw, rake, shovel
- Maintain interior and exterior of the building including but
not limited to washing windows, sweeping, blowing sidewalks,
replacing light bulbs.
- Maintain landscaping around building including but not limited
to mowing, raking, removing debris, cleaning out gutters.
- Organize and maintain storage areas.
- Move furniture and items as needed.
- Set-up and break-down for events and meetings as needed.
- Notify supervisor of any safety concerns and is observant to
keep the building and grounds safe, clean, attractive, and
- Complete all required reports.
- Perform general maintenance duties as directed.
- Participate in professional development opportunities to ensure
up-to-date, quality services to children and families.
- Participate as part of the center team to ensure efficient
- Participate in internal and external committees, including but
not limited to, planning and/or operations committees and task
forces as directed by the program Director.
- Travel as needed throughout North Idaho College Head Start
- Maintain current CPR and First Aid.
- Complete other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Plan work time to meet the center operations schedule, knowing
that flexibility is required to meet the unique needs of the Head
Start program and its participants.
- Follow all rules, policies and procedures of North Idaho
College Head Start and North Idaho College.
- Meet terms of Statement of Agreement/ Employment
- Pass criminal background check including fingerprinting prior
to first day of work.
High school diploma or GED
One (1) year of custodial/maintenance experience, with preference
given to Head Start experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with people
from diverse ethnic, cultural and linguistic backgrounds.
• Ability to operate all required equipment.
• Ability to read, write, and follow oral and written instructions
as well as established policies and procedures.
• Demonstrate professional ethics and confidentiality.
• Represent the Head Start program in the community and with other
professionals, positively and with professionalism.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of
background check and proof of degree if required for this
Application materials include; resume
Advertised: December 24, 2022 Pacific Standard