Salary for Announcement
The salary range for this position is $49,900 – $62,400 . The
salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based
on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal
equity, experience, education, specialty and training.
The above salary range represents the University’s good faith and
reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the
time of posting.
Assistant Director and CLAS Liaison
Classroom to Career Initiatives
Full Time Professional Staff
C2 Hub Metropolitan State University of Denver
The Classroom to Career Hub is the latest innovative venture from
Metropolitan State University of Denver, connecting students and
employers, facilitating real-world learning experiences and
upskilling homegrown talent for Colorado’s workforce pipeline. More
than a traditional career center, the C2 Hub strengthens students’
academic and professional acumen through strategic and robust
partnerships with local industries and communities to ensure an
equitable and prosperous future for all Coloradans.
The Faculty Engagement unit’s overall mission is to engage MSU
Denver’s academic enterprise, mostly through collaboration with
faculty, department chairs, and deans, with the work C2 Hub does to
promote student success and career exploration and attainment. The
Faculty Engagement Assistant Director will create and implement
programs to provide professional development opportunities to
faculty. This programming will promote career development for
students in the classroom, leading to the C2 Hub’s goal of 100%
student involvement in career preparation programs. The Faculty
Engagement Assistant Director will also support the growth and
development of the unit’s vision, direction, and program
In addition to supporting the Faculty Engagement unit’s goals, this
position will focus on supporting the College of Letters, Arts, and
Sciences ( CLAS ) faculty and students in developing career
readiness programs. The College of Letters, Arts, and Sciences is
the largest college at MSU Denver comprised of 20 different
departments spanning a wide variety of disciplines. The Assistant
Director will build a program design that is replicable with other
academic units and will advocate for the necessary resources to
launch such programs with input from Academic Affairs
This position reports to the Director of Faculty Engagement in the
Metropolitan State University of Denver is an equal opportunity
Plan, implement, and track program outcomes for the Faculty
Engagement unit. Develop streamlined support for faculty at MSU
Denver in connecting with the C2 Hub and supporting career
readiness and skill growth/identification for students.
Develop and lead programs and activities that elevate the durable
skills embedded within CLAS core competencies.
Provide career education programs for CLAS students, assist
students in becoming career ready and connect students to employer
opportunities. Establish effective relationships and communication
with faculty, staff and students in the university.
Direct service to faculty (40%)
Direct service to students (40%)
- Design, manage, and implement academic dept. and faculty facing
programming/resources in collaboration with faculty partners.
Create a structure for determining ongoing programmatic needs
- Coordinate C2 Hub academic department liaisons by managing
meetings, communications, and program goals.
- Plan the Career Catalyst celebration with the FE unit and
continually improve the cohort program to keep Catalysts engaged
with the C2 Hub.
- Compile data collection for annual reports and analyze data to
identify areas of improvement.
- Coordinate communications with academic units
- Meet one-on-one with faculty to provide course consultations as
Management and supervision (20%)
- Provide career information and planning services, to students
and new graduates of the College of Letters, Arts &
- Lead the development and synergy between Letters, Arts &
Sciences and public service career pathways serving as liaison
between C2 Hub, academic affairs colleagues, and community
- Develop, coordinate, and deliver student workshops and programs
in all areas of career development. Build signature events for CLAS
students based on point-in-time (less than 60 credits, over 60
credits, transfer students, and students returning to school to
initiate a career change).
- Meet with students one-on-one to provide individualized support
in their career planning.
- Coordinate and supervise the faculty fellows’ program.
- Supervise faculty engagement student staff including hiring,
delegation of duties, training, performance review and
- With the Director of Faculty Engagement, provide strategic
direction for the Faculty Engagement Unit.
- Manage budget for Faculty Engagement unit including base
budget, one-time funds, and grant funding.
- Manage collaborations between C2 Hub, the CLAS Dean’s office,
and CLAS Academic Advising.
- Participate in C2 Hub and CLAS activities and programs.
- Anticipate and lead program adaptations as academic realignment
progresses at MSU Denver.
- Ensure cohesive collaboration with career focused colleagues
embedded within academic units.
Important Note: Successful applicants will ensure their resumes
clearly demonstrate that their work experience describes how they
meet all required qualifications.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Full-time professional experience and demonstrated expertise
that includes any combination of the following: career development,
career services or human resources, college student mentoring or
- Experience with the design and implementation of programs,
presentations or classes related to career decision making or human
- Experience working with faculty to develop curricular
experiences that are connected to career exploration and
- Demonstrated experience coordinating career programs for
liberal arts majors.
- Master’s degree in student affairs, higher education, or
closely related field or an undergraduate degree in a major offered
by the College of Letters, Arts & Sciences is highly
- Experience manage a program budget
- Experience working with career databases and assessment
- Experience working with diverse, urban and non-traditional
student populations, with a focus on assisting veterans and
first-generation college students.
- Expresses belief in and commitment to MSU Denver’s mission and
- Desire to expand knowledge relating to equity and social
Monday – Friday, 8 AM – 5PM, Available some
Open Until Filled
To ensure full consideration, applications must be received by
Special Instructions to Applicants
Please see Special Instructions for more details.
IMPORTANT : In order to be considered as an applicant you must
apply via the online application system,
References refers to a list of three professional references and
their contact information.
Official transcripts will be required of the candidate selected for
Talent Team Representative
Talent Team Representative E-mail
MSU Denver is pleased to offer our current and potential employees
a wide array of benefit options. To learn more, please visit the
Employee Benefits Offerings
Metropolitan State University of Denver is a unique,
access-oriented campus community that values diversity, equity, and
inclusion in all its forms. Our student population consists of
nearly 50% first generation students and over 45% students of
color. We are a designated Hispanic Serving Institution located in
We create an equitable learning and working environment in concert
with individuals who consistently demonstrate commitment to equity
and inclusion. We greatly value the diverse identities and
perspectives of our students, faculty, and staff and recognize that
in order to achieve a just and equitable society, diversity must go
beyond simple representation. It requires critical inquiry and
dialogue and a commitment to action. We strive to provide a culture
of belonging for all community members to achieve personal and
MSU Denver is committed to creating and fostering a work
environment and culture of belonging; we are proud of the work our
employee affinity groups contribute to our culture. For more
information on our employee affinity groups please visit this