Assistant Director and CLAS Liaison
- Metropolitan State University of Denver
- Colorado, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Aug 5, 2022
- Position Type
- Administrative, Academic Affairs, Academic Administration, Faculty Affairs, Other Academic Affairs, Student Affairs, Academic Advising & Academic Support Services, Career Services
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Salary for Announcement
The salary range for this position is $49,900 – $62,400 . The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training.
The above salary range represents the University’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting.
Assistant Director and CLAS Liaison
Classroom to Career Initiatives
Full Time Professional Staff
C2 Hub Metropolitan State University of Denver
The Classroom to Career Hub is the latest innovative venture from Metropolitan State University of Denver, connecting students and employers, facilitating real-world learning experiences and upskilling homegrown talent for Colorado’s workforce pipeline. More than a traditional career center, the C2 Hub strengthens students’ academic and professional acumen through strategic and robust partnerships with local industries and communities to ensure an equitable and prosperous future for all Coloradans.
The Faculty Engagement unit’s overall mission is to engage MSU Denver’s academic enterprise, mostly through collaboration with faculty, department chairs, and deans, with the work C2 Hub does to promote student success and career exploration and attainment. The Faculty Engagement Assistant Director will create and implement programs to provide professional development opportunities to faculty. This programming will promote career development for students in the classroom, leading to the C2 Hub’s goal of 100% student involvement in career preparation programs. The Faculty Engagement Assistant Director will also support the growth and development of the unit’s vision, direction, and program assessment.
In addition to supporting the Faculty Engagement unit’s goals, this position will focus on supporting the College of Letters, Arts, and Sciences ( CLAS ) faculty and students in developing career readiness programs. The College of Letters, Arts, and Sciences is the largest college at MSU Denver comprised of 20 different departments spanning a wide variety of disciplines. The Assistant Director will build a program design that is replicable with other academic units and will advocate for the necessary resources to launch such programs with input from Academic Affairs leaders.
This position reports to the Director of Faculty Engagement in the C2 Hub.
Metropolitan State University of Denver is an equal opportunity employer.
Plan, implement, and track program outcomes for the Faculty Engagement unit. Develop streamlined support for faculty at MSU Denver in connecting with the C2 Hub and supporting career readiness and skill growth/identification for students.
Develop and lead programs and activities that elevate the durable skills embedded within CLAS core competencies.
Provide career education programs for CLAS students, assist students in becoming career ready and connect students to employer opportunities. Establish effective relationships and communication with faculty, staff and students in the university.
Direct service to faculty (40%)
- Design, manage, and implement academic dept. and faculty facing programming/resources in collaboration with faculty partners. Create a structure for determining ongoing programmatic needs including assessment.
- Coordinate C2 Hub academic department liaisons by managing meetings, communications, and program goals.
- Plan the Career Catalyst celebration with the FE unit and continually improve the cohort program to keep Catalysts engaged with the C2 Hub.
- Compile data collection for annual reports and analyze data to identify areas of improvement.
- Coordinate communications with academic units
- Meet one-on-one with faculty to provide course consultations as requested.
- Provide career information and planning services, to students and new graduates of the College of Letters, Arts & Sciences.
- Lead the development and synergy between Letters, Arts & Sciences and public service career pathways serving as liaison between C2 Hub, academic affairs colleagues, and community partners.
- Develop, coordinate, and deliver student workshops and programs in all areas of career development. Build signature events for CLAS students based on point-in-time (less than 60 credits, over 60 credits, transfer students, and students returning to school to initiate a career change).
- Meet with students one-on-one to provide individualized support in their career planning.
- Coordinate and supervise the faculty fellows’ program.
- Supervise faculty engagement student staff including hiring, delegation of duties, training, performance review and evaluation.
- With the Director of Faculty Engagement, provide strategic direction for the Faculty Engagement Unit.
- Manage budget for Faculty Engagement unit including base budget, one-time funds, and grant funding.
- Manage collaborations between C2 Hub, the CLAS Dean’s office, and CLAS Academic Advising.
- Participate in C2 Hub and CLAS activities and programs.
- Anticipate and lead program adaptations as academic realignment progresses at MSU Denver.
- Ensure cohesive collaboration with career focused colleagues embedded within academic units.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Full-time professional experience and demonstrated expertise that includes any combination of the following: career development, career services or human resources, college student mentoring or advising.
- Experience with the design and implementation of programs, presentations or classes related to career decision making or human resources.
- Experience working with faculty to develop curricular experiences that are connected to career exploration and readiness
- Demonstrated experience coordinating career programs for liberal arts majors.
- Master’s degree in student affairs, higher education, or closely related field or an undergraduate degree in a major offered by the College of Letters, Arts & Sciences is highly desirable.
- Experience manage a program budget
- Experience working with career databases and assessment tools
- Experience working with diverse, urban and non-traditional student populations, with a focus on assisting veterans and first-generation college students.
- Expresses belief in and commitment to MSU Denver’s mission and values
- Desire to expand knowledge relating to equity and social justice
Monday – Friday, 8 AM – 5PM, Available some evenings/weekends.
Open Until Filled
To ensure full consideration, applications must be received by 11:59pm (MT)
Special Instructions to Applicants
Please see Special Instructions for more details.
IMPORTANT : In order to be considered as an applicant you must apply via the online application system, http://www.msudenverjobs.com.
References refers to a list of three professional references and their contact information.
Official transcripts will be required of the candidate selected for hire.
Talent Team Representative
Talent Team Representative E-mail
MSU Denver is pleased to offer our current and potential employees a wide array of benefit options. To learn more, please visit the following link:
Employee Benefits Offerings
Metropolitan State University of Denver is a unique, access-oriented campus community that values diversity, equity, and inclusion in all its forms. Our student population consists of nearly 50% first generation students and over 45% students of color. We are a designated Hispanic Serving Institution located in downtown Denver.
We create an equitable learning and working environment in concert with individuals who consistently demonstrate commitment to equity and inclusion. We greatly value the diverse identities and perspectives of our students, faculty, and staff and recognize that in order to achieve a just and equitable society, diversity must go beyond simple representation. It requires critical inquiry and dialogue and a commitment to action. We strive to provide a culture of belonging for all community members to achieve personal and professional success.
MSU Denver is committed to creating and fostering a work environment and culture of belonging; we are proud of the work our employee affinity groups contribute to our culture. For more information on our employee affinity groups please visit this link .
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert