Business Analytics Lecturer - Part-Time
City Colleges of Chicago (CCC)
, the largest community
college system in Illinois, is made up of seven colleges and five
satellite sites, providing more than 70,000 students each year
access to a quality, affordable education.
Continuing Education non-credit courses are available for students
seeking occupational skills or personal enrichment. If you have
passion for teaching and learning, consider joining our team. When
you join, you will have the opportunity to inspire, motivate, and
empower adult learners to succeed. This position will also allow
you the opportunity to share content knowledge with an eager group
of students committed to learning.
- Instruct and deliver a fundamentals class in data analytics
utilizing a proprietary curriculum created by Promotable™.
- Provide on-line and/or in-person lecture sessions, adapting the
pre-built Promotable™ curriculum and lesson plans to reflect
industry trends and offer personal insights.
- Receive requested guidance and support from Promotable™ needed
to interpret and communicate the curriculum.
- Guide students through development of a stellar final project
that will showcase their abilities to hiring managers.
- Facilitate a dynamic and collaborative classroom
- Inspire students to persevere through the challenges of
learning a new suite of skills.
- Assist students outside of class as necessary. Commit a few
hours per week to office hours.
- Teach 2.5 hours per evening, 2 days a week, for 8 weeks.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action
- Master’s or PhD preferred
- Experience working in a remote environment, and use of
requisite tools (i.e. video conferencing, messaging, etc.)
- Backgrounds in adult learning, pedagogy and curriculum
- Background in workshop facilitation and professional
- You have strong experience using the following tools: Excel,
SQL, Python, and Tableau.
- You are eager to shape the skills, minds, and trajectories of
- You are the person that your colleagues naturally gravitate to
when they are trying to figure something out.
- 5+ years in an analytics or data science role.
- You have at least 5 years of work experience in a role where
you’ve been responsible for cleaning messy data, analyzing the data
and presenting your data-based insights.
- Experience teaching or training in an academic or professional
Thank you for your interest in CCC!