MLT Adjunct Position
- Lake-Sumter State College
- Florida, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Aug 3, 2022
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Health & Medicine, Medicine, Other Health & Medicine, Professional Fields, Vocational & Technical Fields, Science, Technology & Mathematics, Chemistry & Biochemistry, Other Science & Technology
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Lake-Sumter State College delivers student success through personal attention and flexible pathways leading to rewarding careers and higher wages. We are committed to:
- Caring about each individual student, our peers, and our community;
- Communicating to ensure clarity and transparency, and
- Collaboration, knowing that the best possible outcomes are ensured when there is a sharing of ideas.
We invite you to join us in our commitment to student success!
The MLT Instructor teaches theory and lab to prepare students for employment as entry level Medical Lab Technicians. This person evaluates student progress through observation and testing, and maintains student records of attendance and grades. The Medical Lab Technician instructor works within the framework of curriculum developed by the teaching facility.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- This person evaluates student progress through observation and testing, and maintains student records of attendance and grades
- Ability to train the students in technical skills as a Medical Lab Technician
- The instructor teaches safety and emergency procedures, and how to work safely in a lab environment
- Technically savvy (ability to learn new technology and implement its use within a reasonable amount of time)
- Develops teaching materials, lab activities and course handouts.
- Understanding of at least one of the follow areas, hematology, urinalysis, immunology, microbiology and chemistry
- Ability to teach critical thinking and healthcare theory as needed to pass state certification exam
- Credentialed by a nationally recognized and accredited agency as a medical laboratory technician
- Have at least two years of practical experience in the subject area
- Associate (required) Bachelor's (recommended)
- MLT: 3 years (Required)
- MLT Certification (Required)
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert