These temporary positions are anticipated to begin in mid-August and continue for four months. The anticipated salary for these temporary positions is $3,000/month.
Essential duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Represent the University at high school visits, college nights, college fairs, transfer days, on-campus interviews and on and off-campus open houses, accepted student days, receptions and orientations. This position involves significant travel both in Maine and outside of Maine.
- Work involves extensive personal contact and communications with prospective students, their families, guidance and transfer counselors in-person and via correspondence, e-mail, telephone, interviews, high school visits, community college visits and college fairs.
- Assist with the development of electronic recruitment initiatives including website presence, e-mail, campaigns, web-based responses to mailings, facilitated chat rooms, bulletin boards and on-line communities.
- Admission application review may be expected depending on application volume
- Support the University’s overall recruitment goals with respect to the size and make-up of the first-year and transfer classes, paying specific attention to out-of-state, multi-cultural and academically excellent populations.
- Prepare written reports relevant to admissions, recruitment, and related activities.
- Make decisions concerning travel expenses
- Manage a university purchasing card.
- Typically has the education associated with a bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- At least one year of admission or admission related experience preferred.
- Candidates must possess strong written, oral, and interpersonal communications skills. And be knowledgeable with electronic communication methods.
- Must work simultaneously with multiple projects, deadlines, and departments.
- Demonstrated ability to work with and recruit students of diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to travel, normally requiring a valid driver's license. Travel throughout Maine, New England and selected market areas around the country.
- Ability to lift boxes up to 35 pounds.
- Basic computer proficiency, knowledge of Microsoft Office and PeopleSoft preferred.
- Successful candidate will be approachable, open, honest, and a relationship builder.
Materials must be submitted via "Apply For Position" on website. You will need to create a profile and application; upload:
1.) a cover letter which describes your experience, interests, and suitability for the position
2.) a resume/curriculum vitae
3.) contact information for three professional references
You will also need to submit the affirmative action survey, the self-identification of disability form, and the self-identification of veteran status forms. Incomplete application materials cannot be considered. Materials received after the initial review date will be reviewed at the discretion of the University.
Review of applications to begin: July 28th, 2022 and will continue until the positions are filled.
Appropriate background checks are required.
The University of Maine is an EEO/AA employer, and does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender expression, national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information or veteran’s status in employment, education, and all other programs and activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies: Amie Parker, Director of Equal Opportunity, 101 North Stevens Hall, University of Maine, Orono, ME 04469-5754, 207.581.1226, TTY 711 (Maine Relay System).