Facilities Training Coordinator (7462)
- American University
- District of Columbia, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Aug 3, 2022
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Education, Education Administration & Leadership, Administrative, Academic Affairs, Curriculum & Instructional Development, Business & Administrative Affairs, Business & Administrative Support, Facilities Management & Physical Plant, Community Relations & Institutional Outreach
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Get to Know American University
At American University we value open and honest inquiry, servant leadership, and the affirmation of the human dignity of all. We envision a thriving AU community where individuals of all identities and experiences are understood, appreciated, and fully included, and where equitable treatment, opportunities, and outcomes prevail.
Our diverse community of students, faculty, and staff represent every state and more than 150 countries. Our internationally recognized faculty are today's thought leaders in the areas of public policy, law, the arts, communications, international development, and more. Our staff are innovative, service-oriented, and dedicated to moving the university towards achieving its strategic goals. We are committed to an excellent experience for all of our students, faculty and staff and share a passion for creating change through our knowledge and our work.
Learn more about American University by clicking here .
This position administers, organize and coordinates Facilities Management educational and developmental opportunities. Assists the AVP in the performance of coordinating and documenting the educational and developmental opportunities of the division. Coordinates all administrative tasks associated with the coordination of educational opportunities. Maintains the recordkeeping and reporting of all of the division’s developmental activities. Maintains the Training Resources library.
- Coordinates and documents all educational and developmental opportunities for each departmental unit and for individual staff members as directed by the AVP of Facilities Management. Maintains all the resources in the Training Resource library and distributes material as requested by departments and individual staff members.
- Acts as educational and organizational administrator, processing educational and development requests and maintaining all recordkeeping related to request. Maintains records of participant feedback produces reports for department heads detailing all educational and developmental opportunities attended, along with budget update reports. Performs various other educational and developmental opportunities documentation as requested.
- Maintains database of educational and developmental opportunities attended for division. Updates database as directed by AVP.
- Coordinates collection and organization of individual development plans from units in division.
- Coordinates educational and developmental opportunities being offered by AU. Produces training material needed.
- Organizes and distributes educational opportunities announcements and materials via email, personal request and bulletin boards. Works with individuals to assess skills, knowledge, and abilities, and facilitates development of employee individual development plans (IDP).
- Maintains awareness of training industry practices and developments, maintains contacts with peers in the training industry both locally and nationally. Maintains awareness of industry trends in training publications, software, and videotapes, and disseminates important information to department heads. Maintains and oversees all materials in the Training Library, coordinates library use, ensures that training materials are current and beneficial to the department.
- Develops and conducts surveys to determine training needs, as well as effectiveness of training.
- This position reports directly to the AVP of Facilities Management.
- Full Time, 40 hours/week.
- Specialist B.
- Bachelor's degree.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience.
- This position will conduct new employee orientation and may conduct other training, but primary focus of this position is on the management and coordination of development and training rather than the presentation of training. Position will help coordinate all FM related events.
- Hiring offers for this position are contingent on successful completion of a background check.
- To ensure the health and safety of our community AU requires COVID-19 vaccinations for faculty and staff. Click here to learn more about our health and safety directive.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
AU offers a competitive benefits package including a 200% matching retirement plan, tuition benefits for full-time staff and their families, several leadership development certificates, and has been recognized by the American Heart Association as a fit-friendly worksite.Click here to learn about American University's unique benefit options .
Current American University Employees
If you are a current employee at American University, please log intoAsuccessfulU through themyAU portal . Once in AsuccessfulU, please select the Careers tile which will take you to our internal career page.
For more information or assistance with the American University careers site, email firstname.lastname@example.org .
American University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution that operates in compliance with applicable laws and regulations. The university does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, personal appearance, gender identity and expression, family responsibilities, political affiliation, source of income, veteran status, an individual’s genetic information or any other bases under federal or local laws (collectively "Protected Bases") in its programs and activities.
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert