Systems Librarian, Librarian Assistant Professor, or Librarian Associate Professor Department of Library Resources
Kennesaw State University is now accepting applications for a Systems Librarian and open rank, twelve-month, non-tenure-track Librarian of Library Science faculty position in the Department of Library Resources beginning November 2022. Rank is determined at the time of hiring and will be commensurate with experience.
Librarianship (85 %)
- Serve as the technical lead for the Library Service Platform (Alma/Primo VE) to include configurations, troubleshooting, maintaining, training, analytics, and documentation. Collaborate with GIL Consortium to support KSU Library System’s Library Services Platform (Alma/Primo VE). Update, maintain, and troubleshoot other library applications for KSU library system. Serve as a faculty liaison. Perform subject-specific professional work including faculty outreach and collection development. Provide research assistance and information literacy instruction (in person, via chat, or other communication modes) to students and other members of the KSU community as needed. Provide backup support for other Systems and Online Services unit members. Perform other related duties as assigned. Service (10%) Engage in KSU Library System service, Kennesaw State University service, and/or service to the library profession.
- Participate in scholarship, research, and/or creative activity. Contribute to the development of the library profession and/or subject-specific discipline through scholarship, presentations, and publications.
Required Qualifications Include:
- An earned Master’s Degree, or the foreign equivalent, in Library Science or a related field, from an American Library Associated accredited program is required. One year of experience, or coursework, with integrated library platforms, preferably Ex Libris’ Alma / Primo. One year of experience, or coursework, with library-related systems technologies, including working with vendor support for third-party systems (e.g. ILLiad, Ares, OCLC, Namtuk, and LIBstick).
Preferred Qualifications Include
- Certification as an Alma Administrator One year of experience, or coursework, in using database systems such as MySQL and the use of Structured Query Language (SQL). One year of experience, or coursework, in project management, including planning, communication, and assessment.
- One or more examples of professional service activities. One or more examples of publications and/or conference presentations. One year of experience working in an academic library.
For a full description of this position, application deadlines, and application procedures, visit https://hr.kennesaw.edu/careers.php. Search for Job ID 247083.
For more than 50 years, Kennesaw State University has been known for its entrepreneurial spirit and sense of community. A leader in innovative teaching and learning, Kennesaw State is located just north of Atlanta, and combines a suburban setting on two metro-Atlanta campuses in Kennesaw and Marietta. As one of Georgia’s largest universities, Kennesaw State offers undergraduate and graduate degrees, including a growing number of doctoral programs. A member of the University System of Georgia, Kennesaw State is committed to becoming a
world-class academic institution positioned to broaden its academic and research missions and expand its scope on a local, regional and national level.
Kennesaw State University, a member of the University System of Georgia, is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and/or veteran status. Georgia is an Open Records state.