The appointment reports to the Chair of Kinesiology. The Department of Kinesiology is one of six departments in the School with an exercise science and sports management degree program.
- Instruct a variety of undergraduate courses in exercise science and sports management.
- Research and scholarly activity in exercise science.
- Academic advising undergraduate students.
- Assist with curriculum development and evaluation.
- Support interdisciplinary projects.
- Participate in department and university-wide committees.
- Seek external funding to support research.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
- An earned a doctorate degree in exercise science (exercise physiology preferred) or a closely related area of study.
- Must have an academic background and clinical experience in exercise science or a closely related area of study
- A strong commitment to teaching excellence and desire to encourage student engagement in the learning process
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work effectively and collegiality with faculty and chair
- Teaching experience in a university setting.
- Teaching and research expertise exercise science and/or sports management courses.
- Strong communication skills to include written communication skills. Ability to work effectively and collegiality with faculty and chair.