Commensurate with Experience
Hours per Week
College of Arts and Sciences – Art and Art History
Required Application Materials
A single PDF or Word document containing an application letter, curriculum vitae, portfolio of 20 images with image information, sample syllabi, unofficial transcripts, and three references with contact information is required to apply.
When prompted to upload your “resume”, upload your combined documents as one file.
- Please do not upload documents to “Cover Letter” or “References”.
If the required application materials were not uploaded at the “resume” prompt, please withdraw your application, and re-apply to upload your combined documents as one file.
The Department of Art and Art History at the University of Texas at Tyler invites applications for a one-year, non-tenure track appointment as Visiting Assistant Professor, with a specialization in the areas of printmaking and drawing/two-dimensional media, beginning Fall 2022.
Review of applications begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Teach three (3) courses per semester, including but not limited to: combined section of beginning and advanced printmaking, digital composition and design, and other undergraduate two-dimensional courses as determined. Serve as a faculty mentor to graduate students. Participate in mid-term graduate studio visits and end of semester graduate critiques. Participate in department sponsored events and programming.
- M.F.A. required and must be in hand by August 1, 2022.
- Graduate or post-graduate teaching experience. Experience with online/full distance and face-to-face delivery modes. Experience with Canvas.
Accompanying Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies
- Well versed in various traditional printmaking processes such as: intaglio, screen-printing, relief printing, monotypes, and various image transfer techniques. Ability to manage all aspects the printmaking studio, from use, equipment, materials, and environmental health and safety compliance.
About The University of Texas at Tyler
The University of Texas at Tyler is part of the prestigious University of Texas System that includes 13 institutions located throughout the state. Founded in 1971, UT Tyler today enrolls 10,000 students and consists of six colleges.
Our beautiful Tyler campus features more than 200 acres nestled along a lake and surrounded by thick pine and oak forests, providing a picturesque location for study and recreation. We also offer instructional sites at The University of Texas Health Science Center at Tyler and in Palestine, Longview, and Houston.
With more than 80 bachelor's, master's and doctoral degree programs offered, UT Tyler provides a wealth of learning opportunities and dynamic programs.
For more information, please visit https://www.uttyler.edu/about/.
The retirement plan for this position is Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS), subject to the position being at least 20 hours per week and at least 135 days in length. This position has the option to elect the Optional Retirement Program (ORP) instead of TRS, subject to the position being 40 hours per week and at least 135 days in length.
The University of Texas at Tyler is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. Women, minorities, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.