Adjunct Faculty, Early Childhood Education
- MassBay Community College
- Massachusetts, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Aug 1, 2022
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Education, Curriculum & Instruction, Other Education, Teacher Education, Health & Medicine, Dentistry, Administrative, Academic Affairs, Adult & Continuing Education Programs
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Adjunct Faculty, Early Childhood Education
Department: Professional Studies Group
Location: Wellesley Hills/Framingham
MassBay fosters educational excellence and academic success to prepare students for local and global citizenship, to meet critical workforce demands of communities, and to contribute to the region’s economic development.
Massachusetts Bay Community College values diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. We strongly encourage members of underrepresented communities to apply to join our community.
Located in Greater Boston, MassBay is a comprehensive, open-access community college offering associate degrees and certificate programs on three campuses in Wellesley Hills, Framingham, and Ashland, Massachusetts.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate a passion for teaching and promoting success among a diverse student population. The candidate is expected to commit to excellence in teaching and learning, collaboration and professional development. Adjunct faculty are expected to deliver course materials in a learner-centered environment conductive to engaging students in the learning process. The faculty member in this position communicates consistently and effectively with students, faculty and administrators, and responds to communications within a 24 hour period of time. The faculty is responsible for managing this course through timely grading of assignments, providing substantial student feedback with assignments, and submission of clinical evaluations, attendance and grades.
MassBay Community College seeks qualified part time instructors for the current and future semesters to teach courses in Early Childhood Education and/or related fields. Our adjunct instructors hold master’s degrees in a related discipline and have obtained appropriate certification and/or licensure where applicable.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Work in collaboration with Education department faculty and others to prepare syllabi and develop curricula in alignment with the department’s vision and needs and in alignment with accreditation standards and/or grant-related requirements;
- Meet students regularly at the posted class times and teach assigned courses using effective instructional strategies that promote student learning and preparation;
- Use appropriate assessment methods consistently and regularly to measure student understanding in line with accreditation and College standards;
- Engage in professional development activities to learn current practices concerning the education of our early childhood educators and to maintain excellence in teaching and learning;
- Participate in department’s activities and support the program-level assessment efforts and accreditation needs;
- Utilize the College’s learning management system;
- Attend meetings and submit reports or information as requested consistent with the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement;
- Maintain excellent communication with students, department, and division staff throughout the semester;
- Submit syllabi, midterm and final grade reports, attendance records, early alerts, and other reports pertaining to assigned courses by required due dates;
- Carry out other related duties as assigned by the Dean
consistent with the Collective Bargaining Agreement and college
policies, practices, and procedures.
Commitment to Equity:
- Support MassBay’s commitment to the Equity Agenda;
- Collaborate with faculty, staff, and students on the College’s strategic initiatives dedicated to closing the equity gap related to student outcomes;
- Support MassBay’s commitment to being anti-racist; embracing a community free of bias and inequality;
- Contribute to discussion and review of applicable College policies with a critical lens toward diversity, equity and inclusion;
- Engage with the Office of Diversity on issues related to underserved student success;
- Further the examination of pertinent practices that are culturally responsive and reflective of inclusive perspectives;
- Engage in conversations with colleagues and students regarding
best practices within the discipline or programmatic related to
equity and inclusion.
This list is not to be considered all-inclusive. A supervisor may assign other duties as required to meet the needs and foster the mission of the College.
All employees of MassBay are expected to work collegially and collaboratively within a community that values and celebrates diversity.
- Master’s Degree in Education or a related field.
- Sensitivity and commitment to the goals of Affirmative Action and workforce diversity;
- Experience working in a diverse environment;
- Demonstrated commitment to working with underserved students;
- Interest in and availability to teach courses in Fall 2022 and beyond;
- Demonstrated commitment to academic standards, student learning, and student support;
- Experience and training and/or interest in online
Salary Range: Effective September 1, 2022, $1,291 - $1,561 per credit
Position Type: DCE-Adjunct
Application Deadline: August 15, 2022, or thereafter until filled.
To Apply: Please include a letter of interest and resume with your online application.
All MassBay Community College students, faculty, and staff are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Accordingly, initial employment is dependent upon receipt and verification of full vaccination status records; details of how to fulfill vaccine record verification requirements will be provided during the hire and onboarding process.
Hiring is subject to state appropriation funding.
Final candidates are required to provide sealed transcripts and/or certifications.
Hiring is contingent upon a successful CORI clearance.
Massachusetts Bay Community College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, religion, age, veteran or military status, genetic information, gender identity, or sexual orientation in its programs and activities as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable statutes and college policies. The College prohibits sexual harassment, including sexual violence. Inquiries or complaints concerning discrimination, harassment, retaliation, or sexual violence shall be referred to the College’s Affirmative Action and/or Title IX Coordinator, Lisa MacDonald, Director of Equity Compliance, firstname.lastname@example.org, (781) 239-3147, the Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination, the Equal Employment Opportunities Commission or the United States Department of Education’s Office for Civil Rights.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert