Financial Systems Analyst
- California Baptist University
- California, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Jul 28, 2022
Financial Systems Analyst
Position Summary Information
Provides leadership and oversight of the technological direction of the Finance and Administration division. Through planning, implementing, and maintaining best practices, ensures that the use of technology aligns with the University’s Finance and Administration objectives and goals. Evaluates the use of and implements existing and emerging technology to improve both effectiveness and efficiency.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Other duties may be assigned.
- Within the organization support and enhance the use of the university’s various technology resources such as Banner, Jenzabar CX, ADP, InsideCBU, phone systems, the CBU website, Cognos, People Admin, Nebraska Book Company’s WinPrism, WinPOS, WebPrism, Budget Builder, Edconnect, EdExpress, and other reporting tools, etc. as they relate to Finance and Administration division operations.
- Primary Cognos, Argos, etc. report writer for the Finance and Administration division. This includes maintaining current reports, seeking new ways to improve and streamline those reports, and writing new reports internally and with others at the University as needed.
- Import to and extract from various systems data for reports/analysis to various constituents of the division in support of timely, data-driven decision-making and performance of the organization.
- Test and pilot various technologies to assist finance and administration efforts, and to enhance internal processes as a means of achieving improved effectiveness and efficiency.
- Work closely with division departments (such as Financial Services, Accounting, Human Resources, Facilities and Planning, Conferences and Events, and others) to provide user-friendly tools.
- Manage projects and relationships with technology vendors and other University departments as appropriate.
- Assist the organization in developing professional presentations and materials.
- Conduct training sessions and make presentations with/to internal staff and others.
- Assist in the establishment of internal department standards, policies, and procedures, and assist in the enforcement of adherence to those standards.
- Participate in local, regional, and state activities to promote California Baptist University. Works closely with CBU’s ITS staff in implementing changes and improvements.
- Develops and manages special projects that the VP for Finance and Administration may assign.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Other Knowledge Skills and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Strong leadership and management skills.
- Technically proficient with demonstrated experience in a wide variety of technologies encompassing hardware, software, voice, and data.
- Ability to convey technical information to non-technical audiences.
- Ability to make administrative, and procedural decisions and judgments on sensitive, confidential issues.
- Thorough knowledge of Business English and arithmetic; general office methods, procedures, and practices.
- Ability to plan, develop, and coordinate multiple projects.
- Ability to read and write at a level appropriate to the duties of the position.
- Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to work effectively with a diverse faculty, staff, and student body.
- Strong organizational skills and detail-oriented.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Excellent telephone courtesy, knowledge, and experience.
- Ability to interpret, adapt, and apply guidelines and procedures.
- Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials.
- Ability to develop and maintain recordkeeping systems and procedures.
- Ability to resolve customer complaints and concerns.
- Ability to investigate and analyze information and draw conclusions.
WORK ENVIRONMENT : The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment, with minimal exposure to health or safety hazards.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree from four-year a college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Posting Detail Information
Remove from Web
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
State and Federal law permit California Baptist University to discriminate on the basis of religion in order to fulfill its purpose. The University does not discriminate contrary to either State or Federal law.
Quick Link to Posting
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you a Christian?
- * Do you attend church regularly?
- If no, please explain (required):
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you both familiar with and not in conflict with the
fundamental doctrines and practices of the California Southern
Baptist Convention as stated in the Baptist Faith and Message dated
June 14, 2000? (Please see above link for more information)
- Yes (I am familiar and not in conflict)
- No (I am in conflict or not familiar)
Required Documents Optional Documents
- Cover Letter
- Letter of Reference 1
- Letter of Reference 2
- Other Document
- Other Document 2
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert