Educational Counselor/ETS (UEC)
California State University, San Bernardino
Excluded, Administrative, At-Will, Temporary,
Full Time, Education Support Professionals, Student Services,
Counselor (Non-instructional Faculty)
About University Enterprises Corporation at
(This is not a state position)
University Enterprises Corporation at CSUSB ("UEC") supports the
university's educational mission by providing quality services that
complement the instructional program. The University depends upon
UEC to provide services that cannot be supported with state funds.
We're responsible for business enterprises on campus including, but
not limited to, dining, bookstore, convenience store, and vending
services. We also serve as the grantee for federal, state, and
local funding for research and sponsored projects.
Temporary, full time, “non-exempt”, benefited position through
8/31/2022 (Appointment may be renewed annually based upon
availability of funds, availability of work and satisfactory job
40 hours per week. Schedule to be arranged, but typically,
Monday-Friday from 8:00 am - 5:00 pm though some nights, weekend
work may be required.
Salary: $3,000-$3,466 per Month
Location: San Bernardino, Colton, Rialto
Department Summary: TRIO Educational Talent Search (ETS) is an
educational program funded by the U.S. Department of Education
designed to help middle and high school students to continue to the
next grade level, graduate from high school, and enroll in and
complete a college education. The TRIO Educational Talent Search
Program at CSUSB will serve 1500 students from target schools in
the Colton Joint, Rialto, and San Bernardino City Unified School
First Review Deadline
This position will remain open until filled. Applications will be
reviewed beginning 9/03/2021.
Under minimal supervision of the Talent Search Assistant Director,
the Educational Counselor will work independently to:
Education: Applicants must be in at least junior standing
pursuing a Bachelor's degree
Experience: A minimum of one year of professional
- Assist with outreach, recruitment, and identification of
- Serves as liaison between Program, target high schools, and
- Develops Individual Academic Plan (IAP) for each high school
- Counsel and assist program participants in high school
graduation requirements, college financial aid requirements and
- Develop and facilitate the career development, self-development
and college placement classes and/or workshops
- Coordinate and develop progress reports on students' academic
advising sessions and monitors academic progress
- Provide guidance to the Talent Search Academic Advisor and
- Act as point of contact and liaison between foster
care/homeless participants and foster care/homeless resources and
target school personnel.
- Assess and monitor rigorous secondary school program of study
(A-G Requirements) for assigned target high school
- Support and assist participants in completing and submitting
postsecondary admissions and financial aid applications
- Provide assigned target high school participants with
information and guidance on financial and economic literacy
- Collaborate with the Academic Advisor to support the transition
of middle school participants to high school
- Assist with collecting and entry of data for the Annual
Performance Report, including collection, accuracy and verification
of participants' academic data
- Support Program Director and Assistant Director in maintaining
Program records in compliance
- Develop, coordinate and implement other program related
projects as assigned.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- The candidate is required to have knowledge of the A-G
requirements, requirements for high school graduation and a general
understanding of the postsecondary admissions and financial aid
processes and criteria. The candidate is required to have knowledge
of the A-G requirements, requirements for high school graduation
and a general understanding of the postsecondary admissions and
financial aid processes and criteria.
- Bilingual/Spanish preferred.
- Applicants must have strong interpersonal, oral and written
- Applicants must demonstrate proficiency in Microsoft Word,
Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Applicants must possess the ability to handle confidential and
sensitive information, along with the ability to work cooperatively
with a diverse group of people, exercise sound judgement, determine
priorities, complete assigned projects in a timely manner and work
well under tight deadlines.
- Strong preference will be given to candidates that have
received TRiO-specific training, such as the trainings sponsored by
the U.S. Department of Education.
- Strong preference will be given to candidates who have
succeeded in overcoming barriers similar to those confronting the
project's target population.
Medical, Dental, Vision, Flex Cash option
CalPERS Retirement and CalPers 457
Group Term Life/ Accidental Death & Dismemberment
Holidays & Personal Holiday
Vacation and Sick pay accruals
Educational Assistance Benefit is based on availability of
Workers' Compensation, Unemployment Insurance, State Disability
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
- Bachelor's Degree Preferred
- Bilingual/Spanish preferred
University Enterprises Corporation at CSUSB is committed to a
diverse workforce and affirmative action, and is an equal
opportunity employer. UEC maintains and promotes a policy of
non-discrimination and non-harassment on the basis of race, sex,
gender, color, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital
status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability,
pregnancy, medical condition, genetic characteristics, status as a
disabled veteran, or disabled veteran of the Vietnam era.
To view the UEC Affirmative Action Program, please contact UEC
Human Resources at (909) 537-7589 Monday through Friday between the
hours of 8:00am and 5:00pm.
As an equal opportunity employer, University Enterprises
Corporation at CSUSB (UEC) is committed to a diverse workforce. If
you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled
veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation
if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access UEC's
career website as a result of your disability. You may request
reasonable accommodations by calling UEC's Human Resources Manager
EEO AA Policy Statement
Employment of Individuals with Disabilities and Protected
UEC is an EOE - Minority/Female/Disability/Veterans. This position
will remain open until filled. This has been designated as a
sensitive position. The selected candidate must successfully pass a
thorough background investigation to include a criminal history
check prior to appointment. The selected candidate must also
receive Live Scan clearance.
To view full description and to apply, visit: https://www.csusb.edu