University of Idaho
Col of Agricultural & Life
$41,288 or higher depending on experience
Due to increased demand for bioinformatic support, we invite
applications for a Postdoctoral Fellow in Bioinformatics and
Agricultural Genomics. The successful applicant will work on
projects aimed at understanding genomic and epigenetic mechanisms
of production and disease related traits in livestock. This
position will work with Dr. Brenda Murdoch to develop tools,
pipelines, and analysis techniques to process and analyze data
generated from high-throughput sequencing, high-capacity genotyping
and other emerging high-throughput genomics/genetics techniques.
Dr. Murdoch welcomes applications from individuals wanting to join
a productive and well-recognized genetics lab. The position is
highly collaborative in nature; therefore, strong communication
skills and willingness to work with a diverse team is
PhD in Animal Genetics or Genomics, Bioinformatics, BioStatistics,
or related discipline. - Experience in scientific programming or
equivalent education and experience.
- Experience with computer languages commonly used in scientific
programming (C/C++, Python, R, similar languages).
- Experience with UNIX/Linux environment.
- Experience with common high-throughput sequencing data, analysis
strategies and software tools.
- Experience with phylogenetics, genome mapping, variant calling,
genome-wide association studies marker assisted selection, using
high-throughput sequencing data.
- Experience with agriculturally relevant high-throughput
sequencing studies, databases, and analysis.
- Flexible and Professional attitude towards working hours.
- Excellent ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
- Ability to take direction and work efficiently and effectively
within a team environment, as well as independently.
- Ability to attend to detail and organize workload to complete
complex tasks in a timely manner.
- Work well with people from various organizational/academic
disciplines and with people who have varying degrees of technical
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
Open Until Filled:
Applications received by September 6, 2021 will receive first
In addition to the online application, resume/cv, and unofficial
transcripts, individuals should submit a letter of
IMPORTANT: To be considered, your “Letter of Qualification” must
address EACH of the required qualifications, including pertinent
education and/or experience. In addition, to improve your ranking
during the evaluation process, address as many of the Preferred
Qualifications as possible. Information on a resume will not be
accepted as a substitute for submitting a Letter of
Applicants who are selected as final
possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background
To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.edu
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative