Business Director - Online Education Unit
Carnegie Mellon University’s new Online Education Unit is searching for a Business Director. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who thrives in an interesting and challenging work environment.
Support the VP for Teaching & Learning Innovation in setting and implementing the vision for CMU’s online graduate and professional offerings, including ongoing strategic planning and business growth.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the CMU Online operating unit, including
- Monitor programs’ enrollments, revenues, and other KPIs,
- Identify and analyzing potential adjustments to program portfolio and processes,
- Implement approved adjustments – directly, in team, and/or via partnerships,
- Manage the financial and human resources and the unit’s administration related to activities in marketing and student services.
- Partner with the Director of Design, Technology-Enhanced Learning and Online Programs, to ensure all business processes inter-operate with relevant components of CMU’s online learning design and approach.
- Supervise and support other personnel in the operating unit (e.g., Marketing and Student Services teams) to ensure that their efforts are well aligned with specific program needs and evolving market trends, enabling successful recruitment and retention of students.
- Build and maintain productive relationships with participating and prospective academic units’ program heads.
- Build and maintain productive relationships with collaborating administrative units, e.g., the Vice Provost for Education, Center for Business Engagement, Enrollment Services, and Division of Student Affairs, to ensure that they are well informed about our online program offerings and practices and can effectively synergize efforts.
- Represent CMU’s online programs on university-wide committees and to external constituents.
Minimum Education and Experience
- Advanced degree preferably in a STEM-related field and/or in management, public or non-profit administration, or higher education administration.
- A minimum of five years of academic or continuing education management experience with increasing responsibility in leadership that demonstrates knowledge and understanding of strategic planning, administration, new business development, team-building, leadership skills, and fiscal management.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Demonstrated success in online education and new business development, including the ability to create and develop successful and sustainable academic and pro ed programs.
- Financial acumen.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively in settings of social and intellectual diversity.
How To Apply: Applications received by 8/29/2022 will be given full consideration. Applications received after that date may be considered until the position is filled. All individuals interested in this position are encouraged to apply. Your application must include a complete online application and all of the required documents below to be considered complete.
Required application materials:
• Attach a Cover Letter of no more than three (3) pages describing how you meet the professional and desired characteristics of the position
• Attach a current Resume, including educational background, professional experience, achievements and professional activities
Contact: Ferra Executive Search has been retained to manage the search. If you have any inquiries or nominations, please send an email to: Kevin Ferra, Founding Partner Ferra Executive Search email@example.com. Please use Business Director as the subject line when you contact Kevin.