Provides dedicated veterinary services to laboratory animals.
Reviews animal use requests and ensures university compliance with
animal care and use requirements.
- Serves as clinician in Animal Care Operations, providing
veterinary services to research animals.
- Responsible for the education and training of research and
animal care personnel and establishes best practices.
- Assists with the review of animal use requests associated with
the Animal Care and Use Committee and ensures university compliance
with its protocols.
- Participates in the regular inspection of animal facilities and
follows up on investigator recommendations.
- Monitors and maintains health surveillance programs to ensure
the overall health and safety of both animals and Animal Care
- Assists the Executive Director and/or Director of Animal Care
operations with ensuring correct clinical procedures and
appropriate management of health concerns.
- Assists with research activities and serves on institutional
compliance committees as needed.
- Performs other job-related duties required.
Doctoral and 1 year experience
Requires singular knowledge of a specialized advanced professional
discipline or the highest level of a general business knowledge,
normally acquired through attainment of a directly job-related
terminal degree or equivalent formal training in a recognized field
of specialization that is directly related to the type of work
being performed.Requires a minimum of one (1) year of directly
job-related experience.Certification/Licensing: Requires technical
certification or licensing directly related to the job, as
specified on the job posting details.