TUTOR PART TIME - BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION/ACCOUNTING
Olive-Harvey College is seeking a qualified Tutor Part-Time in
Business Administration/Accounting to join our team. The Tutor
Part-Time bridges the gap between the college and the needs of the
student. This position also helps students make academic progress,
while promoting independent learning and self-reliance. City
Colleges has transformed the lives of more than one million alumni
through education, and we aim to serve as an economic engine for
the City of Chicago. Academic Support is committed to helping
students meet their academic and career goals.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides academic assistance to assigned tutees, either in a
group or individually.
- Establishes liaison with the instructor and works under the
instructor’s direction to assist the student.
- Attends periodic training sessions given by staff members to
increase competency in working with students.
- Maintains records on each student who is being tutored,
including follow-up and periodic assessment.
- Schedules tutoring appointments.
- Provides evaluations and other reports as required by
- Helps students develop positive attitudes toward learning and
studying and helps students develop a high level of motivation in
- Assists students in achieving a better understanding of
specific subject material and in improving academic capabilities in
- Helps students develop the study skills necessary for academic
- Establishes and maintains rapport with the assigned
- Assists in designing and implementing class cooperative
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action
- Completion of a Bachelor’s degree or higher in Business
Administration or Accounting. Consideration will be given to
candidates who do not have a Bachelors degree but possess technical
certification(s) necessary for the subject being tutored.
- Possess excellent communication skills, and the ability to work
with a diverse student body.
- Must be self-directed and able to complete assignments in a
- Completion of tutoring certification preferred.
- Experience in teaching, tutoring, or delivering academic
support to students at the post-secondary instructional level is
- Experience in working in a large, urban community college
environment with a diverse cultural and ethnic student body is
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Ability to work between the hours of 9:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
- This position will be scheduled up to 29 hours per week.
This is an in-person role. Must be ble to report to campus for each
Thank you for your interest in City Colleges of Chicago!