Extension Program Support Coordinator
- Kentucky State University
- Kentucky, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Jul 26, 2022
TITLE: Extension Program Support Coordinator (County Operations)
DEPARTMENT: Cooperative Extension Program
REPORTS TO: Associate Extension Administrator
LOCATION: Main Campus
EFFECTIVE DATE: TBD
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Full-time
EMPLOYMENT CLASSIFICATION: Exempt
PRINCIPAL PURPOSE OF JOB: Extension Program Support Coordinator under the direct supervision of the Associate Extension Administrator of the College of Agriculture, Community, and Sciences, performs a variety of Extension and secretarial duties for the Extension Program with a focus on the campus events. To support Associate Extension Administrator and staff Extension personnel: interacts with the public, makes travel arrangements and assists on travel documents, keeps a calendar for all County Operations events, creates purchase orders, conducts research for pricing for supplies and equipment. Additional duties include, processing forms, performing data entry, and establishing and maintaining records. Enters data, draft, edit, revise, and print letters, tables, reports, and other materials for the unit.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY: Extension Program Support Coordinator (County Operations) under the direct supervision of the Associate Extension Administrator of the College of Agriculture, Community, and Sciences, performs a variety of Extension and secretarial duties for the Extension Program with a focus on the Kentucky State Frankfort Campus. Most often duties include as answering and directing phone calls, filing information, and managing office supply needs to support faculty and staff Extension personnel: interacts with the public, makes travel arrangements and assists on travel documents, keeps a calendar for all County Operations events, creates purchase orders, conducts research for pricing for supplies and equipment. Additional duties often include tasks such as scheduling appointments, coordinating program events, greeting visitors, and maintaining organized file systems for the program staff.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Supports Associate Extension Administrator and needs of the County Operations and Extension program
• Keeps a calendar for all County Operations events
• Makes travel arrangements and assists on travel documents, and assigns vehicles to travelers
• Researches pricing for supplies and equipment, creates and processes requisitions
• Performs a wide variety of typing assignments which are sometimes confidential in nature; operates personal computer to enter data, draft, edit, revise, and print letters, tables, reports, and other materials.
• Daily interactions with the public, KSU students, staff, and faculty
• Creates and distributes correspondence, reports, and other documents
• Proof and edits letters, success stories as well as enters program contacts into the Kentucky Reporting System (KERS)
• Assists with creating and maintaining frequent publications for community and partners
• Performs data entry and maintains files, database, and record retention
• Maintains budgets and accounts
• Creates and processes requisitions, travel arrangements, budget transfers, and check requests for staff, faculty, guests, and students
• Attend meetings, in state and outstate professional development assigned by Associate Extension Administrator
• Instructs and supervises student employees
• Performs other duties as assigned
OTHER DUTIES: The position will conduct other duties as required.
Bachelor degree and the equivalent of 3 years of experience of related duties and responsibilities specified.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES:
• Organizing and coordinating skills.
• Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials.
• Knowledge of supplies, equipment, and/or services ordering and inventory control.
• Word processing and/or data entry skills.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of records and information.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
• Ability to maintain calendars and schedule appointments.
• Records maintenance skills.
• Ability to understand and follow specific instructions and procedures.
• Ability to perform simple accounting procedures.
• Skill in the use of operating basic office equipment.
• Receptionist skills.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
• Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
• No or very limited physical effort required.
• No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert