Lake-Sumter State College
delivers student success through
personal attention and flexible pathways leading to rewarding
careers and higher wages.
We are committed to:
We invite you to join us in our commitment to student
- Caring about each individual student, our peers, and our
- Communicating to ensure clarity and transparency,
- Collaboration, knowing that the best possible outcomes
are ensured when there is a sharing of ideas, and
- Celebrating our successes - our students, our staff and our
As a key member of the Strategic Communications team, the Digital
Engagement Coordinator will implement the strategies and
initiatives of Lake-Sumter State College’s digital and social media
plan creating compelling content and opportunities for meaningful
engagement. The Coordinator will be relied upon for expertise in
technical skills, knowledge, and judgment related to the latest
digital marketing strategies and tools.
Responsible for demonstrating LSSC's values of learning, people,
student success, forward thinking, commitment to excellence,
accessibility, diversity, partnerships, and sound management
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
1. Design and implement a robust digital and social media strategy
to align with College business needs, marketing strategies, and
goals, that shares the stories of the LSSC brand and engages target
2. Contribute to setting paid and organic social media strategy for
the university with the primary goal of growing engagement with
prospective student audiences and their influencers
3. Working with the Director, remain current with trends in social
media, making recommendations for content strategy on existing
channels, and/or creation of presence on new channels
4. Strategize a sustainable balance of actionable, shareable,
engaging, cutting-edge content per channel that builds and
strengthens the university’s audiences
5. Maintain paid campaigns
6. Work with other communicators across campus to ensure all
university social media channels are following best practices and
working to grow their audiences
7. Build and maintain a content calendar
8. Trains and advises on running effective social media campaigns
for departments to establish consistency of communications
9. Communicate with followers, respond to queries in a timely
manner and monitor customer reviews.
10. Write manage and edit website content
11. Assist in the research and development of written content for
the College's print and digital marketing materials, including web
content, in support of the department's content marketing
12. Provide frequent and regular reporting on campaign
13. Performs other duties as required.
AA/AS degree and coursework and/or
certifications in digital content design and social media
A minimum of 3 years of relevant
experience ; Experience in digital marketing preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required
- Familiarity with social media scheduling software and deep
knowledge of social media platforms is required.
- Up to date on the latest trends and developments in social
media marketing and apply to efficiently and effectively
communicate/complete assigned projects.
- Strong understanding of, and effectively communicate through,
visual storytelling, branding, digital marketing
- Ability to think strategically about the University’s brand
identity and marketing strategies and successfully apply creative
process to communicate same to diverse and varied audience
- Collaborative approach to project management and
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively as a
- Ability to manage multiple projects, prioritize changing needs,
and make appropriate decisions, while meeting tight deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail and an attitude of proactivity
- Promote a common purpose consistent with stated College goals
and demonstrate a commitment to students and the learning
- Possess the knowledge of general written standards and
procedures utilized, and have the ability to read, interpret, and
follow procedural and policy manual related to the job tasks.
- Demonstrate the ability to respond to supervision, guidance and
direction in a positive, receptive manner and in accordance with
- Provide quality customer service by creating a welcoming and
- Present a professional image in word, action and attire.
- Demonstrate professionalism in dealing with a diverse
population while understanding and respecting each other’s view of
the world, personalities and working styles.
- Conduct oneself in a manner consistent with the College’s
standards of ethical conduct.
- Apply effective techniques to create working relationships with
others to achieve common goals; successfully communicates and
collaborates with others to achieve goals.
- Demonstrate skills necessary to look at situations and
processes critically to make recommendations for improvement.