Huntsville Center - Huntsville, TX
The initial salary offer is commensurate with education and related
The Librarian's role is to support learning through the provision
of instruction, reference, and collection development services to
Lee College Huntsville Center students, faculty, and staff. The
Librarian collaborates with faculty, staff, and administrators to
ensure students have access to the resources needed to support the
curriculum across multiple modalities. The Librarian collaborates
with Windham School District (WSD) Library Services in order to
share resources and services.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Additional Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide class instruction in the use of library resources to
support the development of information literacy skills, including
creating, updating, and maintaining tutorials.
- Provide general reference services in a variety of
- Serve as liaison to all academic and vocational departments to
provide subject-tailored information, literacy instruction, develop
research guides, and assist with collection development.
- Maintain and develop the library's intranet website providing
course-related electronic resources.
- Administer classroom management system in all locations with
- Review log files from the classroom management system in order
to ensure compliance with TDCJ requirements.
- Collaborate with Windham School District (WSD) Library Services
staff to continue the READ project, providing brooks in WSD
Libraries for course reserves and educational development of TDCJ
- Work collaboratively with IT, study hall monitors, and advisors
to ensure the security of intranet resources provided by the
Minimum Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills &
- Serve as Moodle manager, adding and removing courses, adding
and removing students, administering access rules.
- Evaluate, recommend, introduce, and maintain innovative
technology to assist with student learning and success.
- Meet institutional service and professional development goals
as determined in collaboration with the dean.
- Research and apply for grants.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
To apply, please visit https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/lee/jobs/3650908/librarian-huntsville-center
- Master's (or higher) degree in Library Science/Information
Science from an ALA accredited institution
- Proficiency in searching library databases
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel
- Ability to learn new programs
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Must pass a criminal background check by the Texas Department
of Criminal Justice (TDCJ)