Liberty University’s hiring practices and EEO Statement are fully
in compliance with both federal and state law. Federal law creates
an exception to the “religion” component of the employment
discrimination laws for religious organizations (including
educational institutions), and permits them to give employment
preference to members of their own religion. Liberty University is
in that category.
Social Work Faculty
Does this position require driving?
Contact Phone Ext
Job Summary/Basic Function
A social work professional with strong organizational and
interpersonal skills to teach social work courses in compliance
with the Council on Social Work Education’s accreditation
standards. Additional responsibilities include student advising,
gate-keeping, professional and university service, and scholarly
- Master’s degree in social work from a CSWE -accredited
- Minimum 2 years of post-master’s social work degree practice
- Basic competency with Office 365 (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint,
- Doctoral degree in social work or related field, or J.D.
- Social Work Clinical License
- Experience teaching within the framework of CSWE standards.
- Experience teaching social work from a biblical worldview.
- Experience with learning management systems (i.e., Canvas)
Special Instructions for Applicants
Please note that while unofficial transcripts are required during
this stage of the application process, official transcripts for all
conferred degrees (excluding Associate’s degrees) will be required
should the department select you for an interview. In the
references section of the application, please submit the names of
two professional references and one pastoral reference. Your
pastoral reference must be from your current church pastor, or
someone within a leadership position within your current church.
The pastoral reference cannot be an immediate or extended family
member. If you have any questions regarding this posting, please
contact the Faculty Hiring Office at
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Teaching Philosophy
- Unofficial Transcript 1
- Unofficial Transcript 2
- Career Mobility Form (For Current LU Employees ONLY)
- Unofficial Transcript 3
- Other Document
- Professional License(s)
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).