Faculty Affairs Coordinator
Texas A&M University - Corpus Christi
Provost & Academic Vice President
Proposed Minimum Salary
Corpus Christi, Texas
The Faculty Affairs Coordinator manages functions in faculty
affairs related to faculty data, faculty evaluation, and faculty
recruitment, promotion, and tenure processes. This position
maintains faculty records (except payroll and HR), compiles annual
reports, and maintains database with faculty credentials and
appointments. The position develops, provides, and continually
improves processes and tools for gathering, analyzing, and
interpreting faculty data faculty success. The Faculty Affairs
Coordinator also provides trainings and provides general
administrative support as needed.
Functional Area 1: Faculty Records
Percent Effort: 55%
Functional Area 2: Faculty Recruitment
Percent Effort: 30%
- Serves as liaison with colleges and departments, institutional
research, and other units to ensure faculty data is accurate in
- Provides data to Associate Provost as necessary for managing
faculty affairs and analyzing effectiveness of programs and
- Provides oversight and direction to the faculty credentialing
process, including obtaining official transcripts, ensuring forms
are completed, and entering data in the reporting system.
- Assists in the coordination of faculty evaluation processes by
coordinating, developing, implementing, and continually improving
processes related to the evaluation of faculty in annual
evaluation, promotion review, and tenure review.
- Assists faculty with technical aspects of preparing promotion
and tenure portfolios, provides faculty development in the use of
the faculty activity reporting system (e.g., Interfolio) and the
completion of the annual evaluation, coordinates and provides
training for college support staff in the execution of these
- Manages the submission, routing and approval processes involved
with the faculty activity reporting system (e.g., Interfolio),
including the dossier templates used within that system, as well as
providing staff support and troubleshooting any problems or issues
in the system.
- Tracks faculty appointment, reappointment, change in title, and
termination requests. Works with the Office of the Provost to
ensure materials submitted are complete and ensures faculty
appointment information is accurately entered into databases.
- Assists the Office of the Provost with faculty appointment
- Ensures that the University operates in accordance with the
polices of the Texas A&M University System, the Texas Higher
Education Coordinating Board and various accrediting agencies
ensuring compliance and monitoring for and responding to federal,
state, and local legislative updates.
Functional Area 3: Other
Percent Effort: 15%
- Liaises with the Coordinator for Faculty Records and
Recruitment on the faculty searches.
- Works with faculty search committee(s) to develop a strategic
recruiting plan to incorporate diversity to the applicant
- Aids in the planning and administration of faculty search
activities and initiatives to incorporate diversity.
- Assist in the compilation of data to measure diversity
effectiveness in the faculty recruitment process.
- Oversees and coordinates special projects.
- Maintains the highest degree of confidentiality on all
- Collaborates with the Associate Provost, Center for Faculty
Excellence, and IT to manage the course evaluation process at the
end of terms.
- Prepare course evaluation reports to assist with faculty
- Works across institutional divisions and closely with Planning
& Institutional Research and Academic Affairs to accomplish
strategic goals of the university
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Public Administration, Human
Resources, or a related field
- Two (2) years or related experience.
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel,
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Great organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with other divisions and
- Prior administrative experience in academic affairs within a
higher education institution
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a
criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon
the institution's verification of credentials and/or other
information required by the institution's procedures, including the
completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer
committed to diversity.
To apply, visit https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/TAMUCC_External/job/Corpus-Christi-TAMUCC/Faculty-Affairs-Coordinator_R-052190-1