Multiple Faculty Positions in College of Education at National Tsing Hua University (Taiwan)
Deadline and contact
Nov 30, 2022(Please check the following link for information.)
Position description and other specified information
- Assistant Professor (and above) in Special Education.
- Assistant Professor (and above) in Educational Psychology and Counseling.
- Assistant Professor (and above) in English Instruction.
- Assistant Professor (and above) in Environment and Cultural Resources.
- Assistant Professor (and above) in Education and Learning Technology.
Required Qualifications: PhD in related fields.
Application: All applicants are required to submit a Curriculum Vitae and other supporting materials.
About NTHU (FIND MORE IN Company)
At National Tsing Hua University (NTHU), we believe that everyone deserves the opportunity to explore and realize their unique potential. In everything we do, NTHU will continue to uphold our core values of inclusivity, equality, and inclusivity in safeguarding academic freedom and shared governance. NTHU is widely recognized as a foremost incubator of future leaders in industry and academia. NTHU’s consistent record of excellence is exemplified by the outstanding achievement of our faculty and alumni, among whom are two Nobel laureates in physics, one Nobel laureate in chemistry, and one Wolf Prize winner in mathematics
In recent years, NTHU has championed a new multidisciplinary vision: "Technology + X", to effectively leverage the newly established College of Education, College of Arts, Tsing Hua College, the Taipei School of Economics and Political Science, and the College of Semiconductor Research. In addition, NTHU has recently launched a Post-Baccalaureate Doctorate of Medicine program and is establishing a teaching/research hospital. Our diverse student body is our pride with more than 25% of NTHU students coming from different urban-rural/ socio-economic/ talented backgrounds and more than a quarter of graduates majored in multiple disciplines. Our campus continues to reflect our growth and vision. NTHU is building brand new Art Museum, Concert Hall, Hall of Literature, Cultural Relic Museum, and Center for Indigenous Science Development. It’s an exciting time to join us!
About NTHU College of Education
The goals of the College of Education (COE) are to conduct educational research and to nurture future teachers in K-12 schools. With the abundant resources in the National Tsing Hua University (NTHU), COE promotes interdisciplinary research in the fields of learning science, educational data science, learning technology, cognitive neuroscience, cognitive behavior science, linguistic science, and resource management science. COE also owns cutting-edge equipment and labs in E-Learning, VR/AR, and STEAM/STEM education. COE at NTHU is the only college among Taiwan top universities that has the programs for nurturing teachers from kindergarten to higher education, including special education. In addition to research and teacher training, COE is highly involved in industry-university collaboration and fulfills university social responsibility through various activities and projects.
The statutory salary for a full-time faculty member includes Base Salary and Additional Academic Research Pay.
(Please refer to https://yushan.site.nthu.edu.tw/p/412-1518-17613.php?Lang=en)
2. Non-statutory (Additional) Salary:
(1) Yushan Fellows and Yushan Young Fellows: If approved by the Ministry of Education as a Yushan Scholar or Yushan Young Scholar, the MOE will provide the subsidy for the non-statutory (additional) salary:
(Please refer to https://yushan.moe.gov.tw/TopTalent/EN/Intro)
(2) Flexible Salary Reward: If not approved by the MOE Yushan Fellow Program, NTHU may provide a Flexible Salary Reward if it conforms to the regulations of the NTHU Newly-Recruited Faculties Flexible Salary Reward.
(Please refer to https://yushan.site.nthu.edu.tw/p/412-1518-18110.php?Lang=en)
(3) Newly appointed foreigner (non-Taiwanese) faculty members are eligible to apply for an extra compensation of 25,000 NTD/month till 2027.
Taiwan is ranked 19th in global purchasing power parity (PPP) indicating high standard of living with stable and low cost of living.
(Please refer to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_GDP_(PPP)#cite_note-:0-1)
WELCOME TO JOIN US NOW!