Full-time, 37.5 hours/week, Monday – Friday,
requires 2-3 Saturday mornings per academic term when school is in
session. Schedule may vary according to departmental needs.
Fiscal Year Weeks
Full year (52 weeks)
Dean of Students
Assist Dean of Students’ Office, Office of Multicultural Affairs
and Director of Student Well Being with event planning and
implementation as needed.
- Query system and produce reports for all types of student
information; write ad hoc reports for stakeholders as
- Assist with event planning and implementation for Orientation
and Family Weekend, including initial drafts of program schedule
and subsequent edits and support for event set-up.
- Assist all Deans with weekly & monthly reminders.
- Coordinate review/editing, tracking and compiling changes and
proofing of the student handbook.
- Assist in the processing and organization of requests for
payment and maintain budget book.
- Input and maintain student leadership groups; assist with the
scheduling and logistics of the student leadership training
- Collect, collate and enter student housing and advising data;
track advisor and dorm change requests.
- Act as DSO (Designated School Official) for the SEVIS process
for international students and maintain current competencies for
- Recognize confidential or sensitive information to uphold
- Perform general administration (filing, archiving, proofing,
copying, answering or directing inquiries).
- Assist with Out-of-Town processing when necessary.
Knowledge, Skills and Competencies
- Back up on certificates of attendance
- Work collaboratively with other staff members to promote
efficiencies and to develop and maintain goodwill, respect and
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to develop and
maintain collegial relationships.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills.
- Demonstrate respect for diversity of identities and
experiences, an orientation toward equity and inclusion, and
cultural competency in all aspects of Academy life.
- Demonstrated ability to work with students by building trust
- A strict adherence to confidential policies is required.
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple priorities
and deadlines simultaneously.
- High degree of organizational skills with the ability to be
flexible and multi-task with accuracy.
- Ability to follow verbal and written directions, maintain a
professional demeanor and restraint at all times, including
- Responsible individual with a strong work ethic and the ability
to work a flexible schedule including extended hours, weekends, and
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills as well as a
strong customer focus.
- Proficient in MS Office.
- Willingness and ability to learn additional applications as
- High school diploma or GED is required.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Cultural competency or diversity training preferred.
- 2 – 3 years’ administrative including scheduling, planning and
coordinating calendars and projects.
- Experience with Colleague by Ellucian and/or Blackbaud Student
Information System preferred.
- Experience working with adolescents in an educational setting
COVID Vaccine Policy:
- Successfully complete a criminal background check (reviewed
every 5 years).
Phillips Exeter Academy requires all community members to be fully
vaccinated* against COVID-19 and remain up to date with COVID-19
*With the exception of a PEA-approved medical or religious