The Drexel University Athletics Department seeks an energetic and
dynamic individual to support the Director of Athletics and
executive team in all administrative functions, office management,
and select department administrative duties in the areas of human
resources and business. This position serves as a key strategic
relationship-builder for a vibrant Division I Athletics program.
Reporting directly to the Director of Athletics, this executive
administrative position provides oversight of athletics office
operations as well as administrative and organizational support to
the Director of Athletics and the executive team. This position
acts as a liaison between the Director of Athletics and others
within the department, coordinator to offices across campus and to
external stakeholders. This position interacts with high-level
University officials, community stakeholders, as well as donors
regarding their relationship with the athletics department and the
Director of Athletics. The successful candidate assists the
Director of Athletics and the executive team in maintaining and
managing existing stakeholder relationships as well as creating and
fostering the growth of new relationships. The Executive Assistant
is responsible for supporting administrative and HR and business
functions of Drexel’s Athletic department.
- Provide leadership for administrative operations of the
department. Assists the Department executive team with all
administrative functions. Ensure efficient execution of
administrative procedures and processes central to the
- Strategically manage and coordinate AD's calendar and
appearances for maximum engagement, development staff, and internal
special event staff. Interacts with high-level university
officials, community stakeholders, and donors regarding their
position with the Athletics Department. Written correspondence and
verbal communication on behalf of the AD and the executive team.
Screens incoming calls and electronic correspondence and directs
them to the appropriate departmental personnel depending on their
- Support and execute the administrative, HR, business and
personnel needs of the Drexel Athletics Department:
- Support processes as they relate to new and contractual renewal
- Audit and approve monthly leave reports on behalf of the
- Manage P-Card reconciliation for the Athletic Director.
- Responsible for posting job positions as directed and assisting
hiring managers through HR hiring process.
- Manage HR monthly updates for the department staff (HR tips and
- Responsible for stationary ordering process and evaluate and
execute general office duties as needed.
- Assure accuracy of contact information, staff directories and
other department information.
- Review university materials, requirements, policies and
announcements to ensure department compliance as assigned.
- Assist in the logistics of meetings, lunches, trainings and
other staff functions.
- Update Employee Handbook on an annual basis.
- Facilitate intra-departmental communication methods through
process and/or use of Sharepoint/OneDrive/Microsoft Teams. Support
technology issues as needed and able through direct help or liaison
with IRT department to solve problems. Maintain inventory for
department technology hardware and software.
- Execute special projects and duties as assigned.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in Higher Education.
- Must be capable of working collaboratively with diverse groups
of faculty, staff, students, student-athletes, coaches and
- Excellent organization and communication skills for use with a
variety of constituents including professional staff and
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively
in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Strong customer service experience and the ability to
professionally greet staff, visitors, and students, serve as a
resource and coordinate requests with multiple stakeholders.
- Must have solid judgment and be capable of strong communication
and problem-solving skills in a fast-paced, Division I Athletics
- Strong aptitude for seeking out higher education athletics
- Drexel University organizational, systems and process
- Ability to lift up to 25lbs.
University City, Philadelphia PA
This position is classified as Exempt
with a salary grade of
For more information regarding Drexel’s Professional
Staff salary structure, https://drexel.edu/hr/career/ducomp/salstructure/
Special Instructions to the Applicant
Please make sure you upload your CV/resume and cover letter when
submitting your application.
Review of applicants will begin once a suitable candidate pool is
Jul 21 2022 Eastern Daylight Time
Aug 21 2022 Eastern Daylight Time