IT Service Management Analyst l
We are looking for an agile, dynamic and energetic individual that loves technology and new challenges for a Service Management position in a rewarding university environment. Is this you? If so, this may be the job for you!
Ideal candidates will have excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills, creative problem solving abilities, and the ability to research and analyze gaps between the desired outcomes and current performance and translate those findings into actionable improvements.
Miami University offers an engaging work environment at a premier higher education institution. Exceptional benefits package and many other support resources are available to help employees balance their professional and personal lives.
1. Work with minimal guidance of Assist Director of IT Process and Planning to operate, maintain, and improve service management practices used across the institution.
2. Responsible for the maintenance, ongoing performance, and incremental improvement of specific IT Service Management practices(es) within IT Services.
3. Responsible for oversight and intervention of escalations from Tier I Helpdesk to IT teams.
4. With minimal direction, responsible for consulting on ITSM/ITIL and practice-related topics in an operational and project context.
5. Responsible for providing topical expertise in ITSM/ITIL, practice improvement and quality management topics.
6. With minimal direction, responsible for creating specific ITSM/ITIL process metrics and key performance indicators and for identifying actions that should be considered based on those items.
7. Responsible for assisting service owners and managers in managing the day-to-day activities supporting ITSM/ITIL practices.
8. Responsible for assisting with benchmarking and maturity assessment for specific practices, communicating and championing ITSM/ITIL, and recommending specific process improvement initiatives within IT Services.
9. Participate in professional development activities
10. Participate in cross-functional projects and activities
11. Participate in ITSM professional organizations
12. Performing other related duties as required
2+ years of demonstrated experience performing technical support and
2+ years of demonstrated experience performing technology-related ITIL practice activities
Experience in these knowledge/skills/abilities may be earned concurrently.
This position is available to persons who are currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time and indefinite basis. (Persons authorized to work on such a basis include US citizens, lawful permanent residents (“green card” holders), asylees, refugees, and temporary residents under IRCA.
As the IT Service Management Analyst I reporting to the Assistant Director of IT Process and Planning, we are looking for you to have the following advanced skills or knowledge:
- Bachelor's Degree in business, information technology or related field. ITIL 4 Foundations certification. Knowledge Centered Service certification. Demonstrable ability to be a strong verbal and written communicator both at the technical and people level. Demonstrable ability in building consensus among teams, clients and organizational leaders. Experience with analytical tool sets, the concepts of data analysis and techniques such as gap analysis, process modeling, stakeholder analysis, and cost benefit analysis. Demonstrable ability to be a strong verbal and written communicator both at the technical and people level. Demonstrable ability in building consensus among teams, clients and organizational leaders. Demonstrated ability to provide technical support in a Higher Education environment.
Miami University recognizes that technology enables us to find new ways of providing first-class service and workplace flexibility. This position is approved for remote work on a full time or hybrid basis. Remote work is a working arrangement that can be modified or revoked by Miami University at any time for any reason.
Miami is committed to a culture of health and wellness. We offer several benefits including healthcare and wellness programs with on-campus recreational and sport centers, health insurance that includes options for dental, vision, life and long-term disability insurance. Tuition fee waivers for employee and family, paid sick and parental leave, paid vacation, paid holidays and state sponsored alternate and supplemental retirement plans. Plus you can be part of the University’s academic culture with direct access to hundreds of on-campus events plus the possibility to teach one credit bearing course per semester.
EO/AA Statement/Clery Act:
Miami University, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami University prohibits harassment, discrimination and retaliation on the basis of age (40 years or older), color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, military status, national origin (ancestry), pregnancy, race, religion, sex/gender, status as a parent or foster parent, sexual orientation, or protected veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, programs or employment practices. Requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities related to employment should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@MiamiOH.edu or 513-529-3560.
As part of the University’s commitment to maintaining a healthy and safe living, learning, and working environment, we encourage you to read Miami University’s Annual Security & Fire Safety Report at: http://www.MiamiOH.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html, which contains information about campus safety, crime statistics, and our drug and alcohol abuse and prevention program designed to prevent the unlawful possession, use, and distribution of drugs and alcohol on campus and at university events and activities. This report also contains information on programs and policies designed to prevent and address sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. Each year, email notification of this website is made to all faculty, staff, and enrolled students. Written notification is also provided to prospective students and employees. Hard copies of the Annual Security & Fire Safety Report may be obtained from the Miami University Police Department at (513) 529-2223. A criminal background check is required. All campuses are smoke- and tobacco-free.