Postdoctoral Research Associate
Texas A&M University - Corpus Christi
S&E-School Of Engineering & Computing Sciences
Proposed Minimum Salary
Corpus Christi, Texas
- The Postdoctoral Research Associate will work with Prof. Miguel
Cid Montoya on a project on bridge aeroelasticity and
wind-resistant design and optimization of structures. In addition,
the postdoc scholar will help the Principal Investigator write
research proposals and participate in other academic activities
- Assist the Principal Investigator in working on a project on
bridge aeroelasticity and wind-resistant design and optimization of
- Design, organize, and conduct research.
- Propose research ideas.
- Assist in writing research proposals.
- Write technical reports and publish findings and
- Provide assistance with teaching loads when needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Doctoral degree in civil engineering, mechanical engineering,
or other related fields with focus on computational fluid dynamics,
bridge aeroelasticity, or wind engineering.
- Strong background in wind engineering.
- Track record of publications in top journals/conferences in
bluff body aerodynamics, aeroelasticity, or wind and bridge
- Knowledge of CFD simulations, AI techniques, FE modeling,
Python, Matlab, Latex.
- Experience with CFD simulations including 2D and 3D
simulations, with both static and dynamic meshes, URANS and LES,
different turbulence models, and using open-source software
(OpenFoam, Salome, etc.).
- Experience in applying AI techniques, from surrogates to
- Experience in developing and parametrizing FE models of civil
- Experience in applying optimization algorithms.
- Experience in working with multiple computer languages,
including Python, Matlab, bash, etc.
- Experience in working in parallel computing environments, i.e.
- For full consideration, please submit the following documents
to your application:
- Updated CV with a full list of publications and detailed
- One (1) page research statement including future
- List of references.
- This position is currently grant funded for two (2) years.
Continued employment is contingent upon continued
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a
criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon
the institution's verification of credentials and/or other
information required by the institution's procedures, including the
completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer
committed to diversity.
To apply, visit https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/TAMUCC_External/job/Corpus-Christi-TAMUCC/Postdoctoral-Research-Associate_R-052530-1