CSTAT has a proud tradition of collaborating with a diverse group of researchers across the university and is seeking a highly motivated doctoral level individual to join the team as Statistical Consultant. This is a joint appointment with the College of Veterinary Medicine who seek to expand the clinical trials program. Several research topics are of interest, for example study design for clinical trials, trial data analysis, or genomic/genetic and proteomics data science related areas.
- Collaborate with the College of Veterinary Medicine faculty on grant proposals, clinical trials, and publications
- Participate in collaborative research with a diverse group of researchers
- Participate in developing or delivering CSTAT workshops
You must have:
- A doctoral degree in statistics, biostatistics, or a quantitative field
- 2 years of experience in statistical consulting, research, and/or data analysis
- Excellent programming skills in a statistical software, e.g. R, SPSS, Python
- Proficiency in applied statistical methodology
- Strong interpersonal skills and written and oral communication skills
- Experience in randomized trial design is desired
Application and position details (#795594): https://careers.msu.edu/en-us/job/511581/specialist-researchcontinuing
CSTAT provides employees with a diverse, challenging set of duties that foster learning new skills and knowledge, and a collegial environment where employees regularly share information, ideas, resources, and solutions to problems. CSTAT invests in employees by providing on-the-job training, mentoring, and coaching; and providing financial support for professional development.
College of Veterinary Medicine is a home to outstanding clinical, research, and extension faculty on the MSU campus. It is home to outstanding clinicians and teachers and houses state-of-the-art facilities for clinical research. It has been in existence since 1855 and is a destination for outstanding clinical care of animals, excellent faculty in teaching and research. The CVM acts purposefully to attract and retain talented students, faculty, and staff who reflect the diversity of the populations we serve.