IMT Administrative Assistant
- Florida Memorial University
- Florida, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Jul 22, 2022
- Position Type
- Administrative, Academic Affairs, Academic Administration, Business & Administrative Affairs, Business & Administrative Support, Computer Services & Information Technology, Other Business & Administrative Affairs, Technology Administration/Other
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
A successful candidate will play an active role in FMU's existing academic and operational success. P erforms complex administrative duties and assists in the coordination of general office functions.
- Ability to effectively identify and resolve problems related to everyday administrative support functions; perform basic mathematical calculations; maintain strict confidentiality related to sensitive administrative information; operate a personal computer (windows) in utilizing various programs.
- Troubleshoot, document, and resolve assigned support tickets in an appropriate time frame. Resolve end-user computer-related issues via telephone, email, in person, or remotely.
- Upkeep of self-service knowledgebase articles.
- Provide support and resolution of various computer hardware and software issues including e-mail accounts, PowerCampus accounts, and telephone systems. This position will also work with automated testing and web scraping scripts etc.
- Manage and follow-up with work orders to ensure customer satisfaction and project completeness.
- Maintains department fiscal records; processes purchase and travel requisitions, purchase orders, invoices, travel vouchers, etc.
- Ability to produce or compose formal documents, reports, and records Ability to operate standard office equipment.
- Performs other duties as required or directed.
- The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that logically relate to the position.
- Knowledge of current technology best practices; general office maintenance and practices; filing systems, word processing, database, presentation, and spreadsheet applications, specifically Microsoft Office applications, SIS (PowerCampus). This includes cloud infrastructure, website (internet/intranet) server administration, SQL or related databases, and APIs.
- Ability to handle information of sensitive and confidential nature in the utmost professional manner.
- Effective analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills; highly organized and able to lead effective meetings.
- Excellent communication (oral and written), organizational, and time management skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills and ability to engage with diverse constituents.
- A professional and resourceful style; the ability to work independently, as a team player; and the initiative to take responsibility to address issues as needs arise
- Moderate physical activity. Requires handling of average-weight objects up to fifty (50) pounds or standing and/or walking for more than four (4) hours per day.
- Note: In compliance with the American Disabilities Act (ADA), those functions of the job which are identified as essential are required to be performed with or without reasonable accommodations. Requests to facilitate the performance of essential functions will be given careful consideration.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field and plus one (1) year of work-related experience. Office management and experience in higher education are preferred.
- Cloud infrastructure, website (internet/intranet) server administration, SQL or related databases, and APIs. The FMU IMT Team thrives on agility, speed, efficiency, and utilizing available data to automate and continuously improve its service catalog. As such, this position will also work with automated testing and web scraping scripts, etc.
- Attention to detail and adaptability to a changing environment is extremely important as well as dependability.
- Intermediate proficiency in MS Office Suite, and LinkedIn Learning, as well as knowledge and understanding of the organizational structure, workflow, and operating procedures. Familiar with Jenzabar technology suite for higher education and Banner financial system.
- Flexibility to work outside of normal business hours.
- Pre-Employment screening is required: criminal background check and drug testing.
In addition to the completed application, candidates must submit a list of three professional references (at least one from a previous employer) that includes names and contact information. Review of application materials will begin ASAP and will continue until the position is filled. No phone calls, please.
Florida Memorial University is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert