Application Deadline: Friday, August 05, 2022
Salary & Benefits: Salary is $30,880.36. Compensation package is comprised of many college paid benefits including health and life insurance, retirement, leave time, and tuition waivers for Santa Fe College and the University of Florida.
Classification: Full-time, Career Service, Pay Grade C2, Non-Exempt
Location: Northwest Campus, 3000 NW 83rd Street, Gainesville, Florida 32606
Overview: Santa Fe College (SF) has been recognized as one of the top-rated community colleges in the United States. Santa Fe College is a student-centered institution with a commitment to open access, academic excellence, and cultural and ethnic diversity. Santa Fe College is a comprehensive public college that offers a range of Bachelor’s degrees, Associate in Arts, Associate in Science and Associate in Applied Science degree options, as well as Certificate and Non-Degree programs. A high quality of life, temperate climate, proximity to the University of Florida, diverse cultural events, and plentiful recreational opportunities make SF and Gainesville an ideal community to work and live. SF enrolls over 16,000 students each semester, retains and completes over 60% of students every academic year, while over 10% transfer into the University system.
The Interim Records Support Specialist provides administrative support and/or direct service to students in one or more of the various areas of the Records Office including, but not limited to, registration, student records, transcripts, verification of enrollment, and the student services computer lab. This is a temporary position that will be appointed through June 30th, 2023.
Responsibilities and duties include:
- Assist students in the computer lab with password reset, internet research, class registration, and navigation of the eSantaFe and FAFSA portals.
- Maintain computer lab environment and ensure adherence to appropriate computer use.
- Oversee part-time staff assigned to the computer lab.
- Process student record changes.
- Research archival records to update records and provide information as needed.
- Provide support and service to students regarding transcript questions and the evaluation process.
- Process academic transcripts for pick up and mailing; receive and match incoming transcripts to student records and scan into system.
- Process enrollment letters.
- Manage all aspects of mass mailing, including folding, sealing, and stamping.
- Verify loan, school, and insurance forms and applications.
- Generate reports as needed.
- Comply with all published College Rules, procedures, guidelines, and laws/regulations governing public employees, including but not limited to those related to document retention and destruction, FERPA, and confidentiality.
- Provide service excellence through courteous, informed, accessible and professional engagement. Perform other duties as assigned.
Reports to: Assistant Registrar
Required: High School diploma or equivalent with two years of related experience or a combination of completed education and/or related work experience equal to two years.
Additional Requirements: A criminal background check will be conducted.
Preferred: Prior experience with academic records and related rules.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Communication – able to effectively communicate in a professional, diplomatic, empathetic, and tactful manner using preferred method and level as applicable to the job.
- Team Orientation & Interpersonal – highly motivated team-player with ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with all levels within and external to the organization.
- Ability to work successfully in a multi-cultural environment.
- Organization & Time Management – able to plan, schedule, and organize tasks related to the job to achieve goals within or ahead of established time frames.
- Relationship Management – able to personally provide high level of interactive service to others, building relationships and addressing identified needs.
- Systems & Software - proficient level of knowledge of Microsoft Office and/or relevant position software programs.
- Adaptability to Change – able to be flexible and supportive, able to positively and proactively assimilate change in rapid growth environment.
- Ethics – able to demonstrate integrity, professionalism, civility, and a high degree of ethics in all job-related actions.
Application Process: All applicants must submit a completed online SF Employment Application, a letter of intent, an up-to-date resume, as well as academic transcripts to be considered for this position. Unofficial transcripts are only accepted for review purposes, official transcripts are required prior to any offer of employment being made.
If you are a retiree of the Florida Retirement System (FRS), please check with the FRS on how your current benefits will be affected if you are re-employed with the State of Florida. Your current retirement benefits may be canceled, suspended or deemed ineligible depending upon the date of your retirement.
Santa Fe College is committed to an environment that embraces diversity, respects the rights of all individuals, is open and accessible, and is free of harassment and discrimination based on, but not limited to, ethnicity, race, creed, color, religion, age, disability, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), marital status, national origin, genetic information, political opinions or affiliations, and veteran status in all its programs, activities and employment. http://www.sfcollege.edu/eaeo/
Inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies or concerns about discrimination or harassment, including concerns about sexual harassment or sexual violence under Title IX, should be directed to: https://www.sfcollege.edu/titleix/
Santa Fe College reserves the right to extend deadlines and/or not to offer advertised positions.
Preference will be given to eligible veterans and spouses of veterans