Are you seeking an administrative professional opportunity with
energetic, collegial, and committed coworkers? The Administrative
Assistant position within the University of Dayton School of Law's
Career Services Office offers this and much more--tuition
assistance for yourself and dependents, great benefits package, and
fulfilling work with law students who are striving to make their
career goals a reality.
The University of Dayton Career Services Office (CSO)
Administrative Assistant is responsible for completing a wide range
of tasks to ensure the office fulfills its crucial mission. These
include facilitating all facets of our job recruitment activities,
maintaining positive relationships with employers, ensuring that
all positions are posted online, collecting employment data in a
timely and accurate fashion, assisting with other CSO functions,
and performing additional duties as directed by the CSO
- High School Diploma.
- Experience protecting and maintaining confidentiality of
- Ability to work effectively as a cooperative member of a
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software, Excel and Word.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
While not everyone may possess all of the preferred qualifications,
the ideal candidate will bring many of the following:
- Ability to engage effectively, respectfully, and professionally
with multiple constituents at all levels in an organization,
including faculty, staff, students, alumni, community
partners/legal employers, and university guests.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Ability to exercise independent initiative and judgment.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and work
- Ability to work within established procedures and guidelines,
learn and apply new information and systems.
- Experience working in a college or university office.
- Experience using content management system for website,
newsletter and blog support.
- Familiarity with University of Dayton academic structures,
procedures, and policies.
- Experience with Google’s Gmail and Google Drive.
- Proficiency with Excel and Word as used for preparing forms and
reports, maintaining correspondence, data entry, and special
- Knowledge of and sensitivity to Catholic and Marianist
Special Instructions to Applicants:
A federal court on December 7, 2021, issued a ruling that suspends
the COVID-19 vaccine requirement that applies to federal
contractors nationwide. With this development, the University will
pause any enforcement action against employees who have not
complied with the requirement to be fully vaccinated by Dec. 8,
2021 or to have requested an exemption to maintain their employment
The University will continue to monitor the state of the pandemic
on campus and in the community as well as developments in federal
and state requirements, and also will continue to regularly consult
with public health officials and our medical panel. As has been the
case throughout the pandemic, our protocols and requirements are
subject to change depending on conditions on campus or in our
community, and government requirements.
Informed by its Catholic and Marianist mission, the University is
committed to the principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Informed by this commitment, we seek to increase diversity, achieve
equitable outcomes, and model inclusion across our campus
community. As an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer,
we will not discriminate against minorities, women, protected
veterans, individuals with disabilities, or on the basis of race,
color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation or gender