The Circle of Scholars Program Assistant supports Salve Regina's
Circle of Scholars, a lifelong learning institute serving adults,
ages 50 and older, from the local community. The program comprises
more than 100 seminars per year, 700 members, 50 instructors, and
membership events. Seminars cover a wide variety of subjects
including history, literature, current events, science, and the
arts. Working with the Director, the Circle of Scholars Program
Assistant will execute the objectives of the program.
This is a 15 hours per week, 12-month position. The hours may be
split between two or three days.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist with the development of the spring and fall term
curriculum, seminar catalogs and newsletters.
- Assist with the management of registration, scheduling,
membership, budgets, data and reports.
- Support instructors with classroom media setup, student
rosters, and evaluations.
- Assist with the coordination of social events and day trips
(museums, performances, off-campus seminars).
- Field member questions and concerns, via telephone or email, in
a professional manner.
- Assist with general administrative tasks.
LICENSES, TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT:
- Interrelate with staff from media services, IT, the business
office, advancement, conferences and events and other departments
- Perform other duties as required by the Program Director.
Valid driver's license required.
The incumbent is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental
- Bachelor's degree with 3-5 years of experience in a related
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- High energy level, interpersonal skills and effective customer
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently.
- Strong management skills, including planning, organizing and
- Exceptional attention to details and accuracy.
- Ability to work well with people, including older adults.
- Strong computer skills using Windows environment, Microsoft
Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Access.
- Ability to learn other required software applications and setup
- General knowledge of current events, history, the arts and
other possible seminar topics is highly desirable.
- This position could, on occasion, require bending, reaching,
ascending and descending stairs, standing, walking, pushing,
pulling, lifting, talking and hearing.
Salve Regina University strives to provide equal opportunity in
employment and education to all employees, students and applicants.
No employee, student or applicant shall be discriminated against or
harassed on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion,
disability, age, marital or parental status, military or veteran
status, genetic information or any other basis protected by
applicable federal or state law, in the administration of Salve
Regina's employment policies, education policies, admission
policies, scholarship and loan programs, athletic and other
University administered programs. In accordance with Title IX, it
does not discriminate on the basis of sex in any of its educational
programs or activities. Salve Regina is also committed to making
its programs and campus accessible to its visitors and compliant
with all applicable non-discrimination laws.
Applicants must apply online for any open staff and faculty
positions by providing a cover-letter and resume. Pre-employment
background checks and reference checks are required of successful
candidates. Salve Regina University participates in E-verify.