University of Idaho
Col of Agricultural & Life
$61,734.40 annually or higher depending on
This position provides leadership in the management/direction for
the operation of the Dairy with the Palouse Research, Education and
Extension Center (PREEC). The manager is responsible for
supervising, training, evaluating and setting schedules for board
appointed and temporary employees at the dairy while ensuring
proper animal care. The manager ensures current SOP protocols are
updated and adhered to for all dairy operation tasks. The manager
assists the Animal Units Operations Manager and the Director, Idaho
Agricultural Experiment Station with managing the Dairy operations
budgets and expenditures, ensuring expenditures are appropriate and
- Bachelor’s degree in Dairy or Animal Science or related
- Four years of directly related work experience.
- Experience with maintenance and operation of livestock
- Experience with general animal husbandry and handling of dairy
- Experience working with diverse individuals and communicating
effectively verbally and in writing; supervising and training
- Experience with computerized record keeping.
- Experience in basic research principles.
- Experience operating skid-steer loader and loading and towing
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
- Master’s degree in Dairy or Animal Science or related
- Ability to maintain accurate records and manage budgets.
- Basic knowledge of sprinkler irrigation.
- Working knowledge of sanitation procedures necessary in
- Knowledge of safety practices necessary in handling animals,
farm equipment and vehicles.
Required Licensures, Certifications or other
- Must be able to lift, carry or otherwise move at least 50
- Handling and feeding of large animals.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and able to successfully
pass a driver’s record check.
Open Until Filled:
First consideration for receipt of applications is August 7,
IMPORTANT: To be considered, your “Letter of Qualification” must
address EACH of the minimum qualifications, including pertinent
education and/or experience. In addition, to improve your ranking
during the evaluation process, address as many of the Preferred
Qualifications as possible. Information on a resume WILL NOT be
accepted as a substitute for submitting a Letter of
Applicants who are selected as final
possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background
To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.edu
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative