The Office of the Associate Dean at Saint Michael’s College is inviting applications for the Assistant Dean for Advising and Student Development position. The role will coordinate the academic advising program and collaborate with offices and staff across the College on issues related to student support, academic advising, and retention.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Reports to the Associate Dean of the College and supports the functions of that office as directed on an ongoing basis, including working regularly with students on academic probation and students in need, advising faculty on student concerns and conflicts, and corresponding regularly with student families
- Meets individually with students in need of general academic advising, particularly exploratory students and those wishing or needing to change majors
- Revises, produces, and maintains support materials and programs for students and faculty around academic advising and retention, and collaborates with the Associate Dean to provide student and faculty development in these areas
- Collaborates with Registrar and Associate Dean to support student degree planning
- Collaborates with Registrar and Associate Dean to operate the advising and registration process for incoming first-year students, and collaborates with the Registrar to advise transfer students
For the full job description, click here.
Benefits include health, dental, vision, employer-paid life and disability insurance, voluntary life, critical illness and accident insurance options, parental leave, flexible spending accounts (healthcare and dependent care), 401(k), generous paid time off, paid holidays, employee and dependent tuition benefits, employee assistance program, well-being programs and opportunities, discounted gym membership, paid volunteer time, use of the athletic facilities and the library, and countless opportunities to attend presentations, lectures, and other campus activities.
Applicants should have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum 5 years working with students in an academic or student life capacity
- Familiarity with academic preparation; academic engagement; social engagement; family dynamics; financing college; student health and wellness; other issues affecting retention of students
- Proficiency in developing strategies for success: setting expectations and then supporting and holding students accountable so that they reach their goals
An offer of employment will be contingent upon the successful completion of a background check.
Please be prepared to attach the following documents after clicking on the Apply Now button:
- Cover letter including a statement articulating how you incorporate inclusive and equitable practices into the work of advising and retention of students. Saint Michael’s College is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, and every member of the Office of the Associate Dean has an important and active role in furthering this commitment
- Names and contact information of three references
Review of applications will begin on August 8, 2022, and continue until the position is filled.