The Simulation Lab Coordinator is an active member of the Nursing Division and is responsible for managing the skills laboratories in the Career Programs building. The skills laboratories the four nursing labs, and assisting Work Force Solutions on their non-credit offerings in the nursing labs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists faculty to plan, implement and schedule the skills lab curriculum. This includes the use of a variety of patient care equipment and supplies, use of computer based instruction tools and programs, design and implementation of patient simulations using patient simulators, and troubleshooting.
- Assists other divisions in scheduling use of the lab.
- Assists admissions department to provide local students tours of the lab.
- Supervises and provides leadership and direction for the lab technician.
- Assists faculty to set up supplies and equipment for each skills lab.
- Assesses laboratory spaces in the Career Programs Building to ensure compliance with OSHA regulations and other regulatory agencies.
- Assesses all equipment to ensure proper maintenance and function in relation to manufacturer recommendations.
- Repairs simulation and technical equipment as needed.
- Maintains inventory of supplies and equipment for the Nursing labs.
- Orders supplies as needed.
- Meets with various equipment representatives, obtains quotes, and makes recommendations for purchasing supplies and equipment.
- Provides training for faculty for new supplies and equipment.
- Maintains lab in a clean and orderly fashion.
- Participates in division and college wide committees and activities as appropriate.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing required. Previous experience managing learning laboratories for nursing and allied health science programs preferred. Previous experience managing hospital supplies and equipment will be considered.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Excellent organization and management skills. Knowledge of diagnostic and patient care supplies and equipment. Ability to learn and work with clinical simulation software and a variety of high fidelity simulators. Experience with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel. Ability to establish good working relationships with staff, students, vendors and the community. Able to organize and prioritize work, make decisions independently, and attend to details.
For more information on this position and to formally apply, please visit HCC's employment page at https://secure6.saashr.com/ta/6160104.careers?ShowJob=436644611.
Questions may be directed to the Human Resources Office at 240-500-2585 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.